KiteLife Forum

Rocket Launching Kite Caddy

Guru4tru

YEAH!!....Check This Out!! "The NEW 2010 Rocket Launcher & Kite Caddy!!"

I took my rocket launcher kite tubes and put a handle, front support and wheels on it!! Really cool!! :P

I went to Wal-Mart and they have a child stroller for sale for $20 with an extra set of double wheels included (they could snap on the front, but are not necessary)! I only had to use the extra wheels on this project, so I have a stroller still intact--if Jon or JB (think) they might need a stroller soon--just contact me!! Or maybe Choccy or Baloo...(we'll forget about Tom & Howard!!) heehee! ;)

The 3" and 4" tubes carry 8 kites (or almost double that if you want to squeeze it...but my girls like single rooms...feeds from each end) with all the line sets made up for eack kite indiviually included within the tubes.

(Yeah, Baloo--motorizing it might come next. But, for now this will do fine!!)

------

So, Who need the stroller (it comes with a seat belt!) :wub::P:)

------

Yes, OK...2010..&..Retirement>> Come-On...I'm Ready For You NOW!!

------

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

I like that a lot! How about a set of beach wheels?kid_smartass.gif

Thanks MrDenny,

Yeah...beach wheels would be good, and needed in sand, but I rarely go to the beach down here anymore. There isn't much beach to fly on in Palm Beach and a lot of it is off limits to kiters! I just don't feel welcome there.

I found out last week that a school, about a mile and a half from me, will let me fly in their fields...which is really great and nice fields too. But where I have to park is a good distance from the fields and I have to walk on a sidewalk and across a macadum track area. That's what inspired me to get some wheels. These wheels go good over grass and cement. (need a baby stroller?) :)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Looking good Duane.

Just been thinking RC might be good. However if you go for a petrol engine version you could hop a lift on the trolly to the field.

Dont need a stroller thanks. Cant make babies, that is why I can afford to fly Revs. tee hee.

Hang on, just thought, what about a Helicopter version. You could place the innocent looking tubes down the sides or under the skids. Now that WOULD clear the flying area.

Looking good Duane.

Just been thinking RC might be good. However if you go for a petrol engine version you could hop a lift on the trolly to the field.

Dont need a stroller thanks. Cant make babies, that is why I can afford to fly Revs. tee hee.

Hang on, just thought, what about a Helicopter version. You could place the innocent looking tubes down the sides or under the skids. Now that WOULD clear the flying area.

Thanks for your suggestions Baloo, but you are one step behind me. I'm already working on the prototype!! But, all these changes to the website are slowing me down a bit!! :)

Keep It Up!

Duane

That's slick.... if you watch the resale shops for a golf bag hand cart you could strap those tubes right to it.. big wheels, stays up right so you can get into it easy and it is less likely to get tripped over... (maybe with golfers umbrella... cup holders, kite stake holders... PIMP MY RIDE... LOL)

That's a great idea- our kite team has been using PVC tubes for years for our team kites- we're up to six 6" tubes and a caddy would be extremely advantageous.

Hmm... on the golf cart idea- they do have the remote control golf caddy that will follow you wherever you go. Outfit that with wheels from a garden cart so it would truly be all-terrain... hahaha how much R&D and $$$ can one throw at this? Personally, I'm a cheapskate, so this idea is out for me, I'll be looking at second-hand stores for cart ideas- but I'm a gadget hound also, so the idea still appeals to me.

That's a great idea- our kite team has been using PVC tubes for years for our team kites- we're up to six 6" tubes and a caddy would be extremely advantageous.

Hmm... on the golf cart idea- they do have the remote control golf caddy that will follow you wherever you go. Outfit that with wheels from a garden cart so it would truly be all-terrain... hahaha how much R&D and $$$ can one throw at this? Personally, I'm a cheapskate, so this idea is out for me, I'll be looking at second-hand stores for cart ideas- but I'm a gadget hound also, so the idea still appeals to me.

I claim my copyright :D

yeah I didn't think about the automatic stuff... I figure if I can't drag the kite onto the field I probably can't fly it either.... I have a hand cart with golf caddy wheels I could adapt but even if I win those 4 blasts I don't need that much kite cart (yet) :D