KiteLife Forum

Where do you put/store/display your kites?

JoneZ

Now that my collection is getting up there, it's really cluttering a corner of my house, but I don't know where to really put them. I was thinking about some kind of shelf system, something that is easy to access, but keeps the kites off the ground, out of the corner, yet keeps them displayed -- like a gun rack (reminiscent of waynes world huh? lol) or something similar?

Im interested to see what others have devised to display or store their kites.

:crazy:

Hi JoneZ,

I suppose you already saw my kite caddy, but I'll post it again. I put another shorter tube on top today that now carries all my spare rods and misc. stuff. So, now everything I own, having to do with kites, is all within this water and air tight, unbreakable caddy! (I like being organized...helps when one gets old--like the names my wife put of things like "refrigerater", "table", "chair",etc..!) :crazy::)

I use a couple of overhead racks in the garage similar to the picture

SL48s.jpg

I used to keep all my kite bags stacked together in a storage closet until a pack rat decided it wanted to chew through some on the bags.

Luckily, the kite bags were repairable and the only kite damaged was a small bite from a Starflake, it did destroy a windsock and my motorcycle leathers.

Now I keep large tubs with our Xmas stuff on the shelves, the kite bags (6) go long ways behind the tubs and my stacks lay across the top of the tubs

I can't count (literally) how many times people have asked Mary Beth and I if we were pregnant yet. :crazy:

Maybe Im just wierd like that (or a stuffy Canadian), but I think that's a pretty personal question. lol

About your guest room, you'd have to drag me out of there kicking and screaming,, keep that in mind if I ever go to your place. lol :blushing:

"Lock Up The Kites! JoneZ is Coming!" :)

...keep them secret,,, keep them safe....