KiteLife Forum

Silver Fox UL

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

Silver Fox 2.5 UL, roughly a $160 value! (prize is white/gray/yellow as shown in the video)

1169628518_24563.f_gr.jpg

http://www.flyingwin...loc=&listpage=1

You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/243, and will be drawn on February 25th, 2010!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, I don't know about this one John. I don't own a single dual line kite. Would have to buy lines and handles straps and a dual line bag. Have to spend hours learning to fly the darn thing. Plus, Youtube probably has a video of some pre-teen kid doing awesome things with a kite just like this one. Owning that kite would just compound my embarrassment at the flying field and lead me to a full blown case of depression. In fact, my luck is so bad the darn RNG will probably go ahead and pick me on this drawing.

Once again, thanks for the contest John and for the opportunity at expanding my ineptitude.

Cheers,

Tom

Gee, I don't know about this one John. I don't own a single dual line kite. Would have to buy lines and handles straps and a dual line bag. Have to spend hours learning to fly the darn thing. Plus, Youtube probably has a video of some pre-teen kid doing awesome things with a kite just like this one. Owning that kite would just compound my embarrassment at the flying field and lead me to a full blown case of depression. In fact, my luck is so bad the darn RNG will probably go ahead and pick me on this drawing.

Once again, thanks for the contest John and for the opportunity at expanding my ineptitude.

Cheers,

Tom

I can hook you up with straps and teach you what I know.. (in about 5 minutes) and you can teach me to fly my rev :ani_whistling:

Cheers,

Tom

"Come on Tom!!" If I can do it---you can do it!! :)

Just take (1) HYDROCHLOROTHIAZIDE (25MG) before flying for High Blood Pressure and (1) CYCLOBENZAPRINE (10MG) afterwards to get rid of the leg cramps!! No Problem... :ani_whistling::)

And for the pain... :blue-cool:

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Hey Tom (& Howard) at this stage of the game...the goal is to die with a kite in the air!! ;):)

And for the pain... :ani_whistling:

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Hey Tom (& Howard) at this stage of the game...the goal is to die with a kite in the air!! :blue-cool:;)

Duane - to clarify "THIS IS NOT A RACE". In fact, last one to die may be considered the winner. It is based on total air-time, I believe. Air time = joy time.

I have the SF 2.5 trio, UL, Std, Vented. Love the last two. Amazed at what JB does with the UL. So here's the deal friend - if I wind [sic] win (slim chance) I'll donate the kite back to.... HMMM maybe...

1. A forum Rev flier with no dual line co-addiction.

2. or - 1st person who professes his favorite kite is a Quantum.

3. or - JB's second draw choice.

:):):)

PS: beer. I have been brewing my own for the last two years. Extremely yummy compared to the pasteurize commercialized brews. Not so good for the pottus-bellius.

PPS: I usually judge kites by the way their flying character matches my desires at the moment. But there is the feminine approach to consider too (OK, men can also appreciate..) the Foxes are all just darn pretty!!

:P:P

Ah Yes, the Silver Fox. Very pretty kite indeed. I've heard about some manufacturer flaws, but I've still always had a sweet tooth for this kite. :ani_whistling:

This'll make a good draw for sure. :blue-cool:

PS. My fav. kite USE to be a quantum,, before I got my Widow (which I took out today along side my Rev, to stretch her wings -- he didn't like my rev too much, maybe because I was using him as something to tip stand on with my Rev. o.0).

does that Count Howard? hehe

Damn I hope I don't win that one, I mean seriously look at it can't even fly straight all it does is flop around in the wind. :blue-cool:

Poor John had to run around in circles just to get it to fly somewhat straight, Gotta give him credit though he kept at it I would have stopped trying to control that thing long before. :ani_whistling:

Hi JonEZ,

And I'll lay odds that if it has a flaw---you will have a "modification" that will correct it!! :ani_whistling:

Keep It Up!

Duane

With the SF, I heard that its mostly sub-standard APA connectors, do-hinky stoppers, that type of thing. All easily replaceable if they do in fact wear down pre-maturely (which in my case, they usually do. lol).

I think sometimes I cause myself more trouble than not with my modifications. lol All the time tweaking with my bridle -- I mean months and months -- all to go back to a standard 3pt bridle? lol The weight reductions on the Widow proved to be a great thing. I now keep my light-weight bridle equipped on the Widow at all times. With the weight reduction, and the leech line installation on him, he's more of a STD/UL hybrid now. I'd rate him at 2-15Mph. Probably 1-10Mph if I got rid of the P200's and reframed it in a 3pt or 2pt.

I've been rolling 7's lately, so maybe luck will be on my side for this drawing? o.0 *knocks on wood*

• 2 weeks later...

Hey...I don't mean to jump the gun on this contest, but after I win Samatha "Fox", maybe you could get a "Skydog" for the next one! Wouldn't mind having one of those in my PVC tubes!! :kid_loved:

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS "Sweet Emotion"...if there is a choice! heehee!! :)

This thing looks SWEET. All those trick in the standard Midwestern winds...3 mph and choppy. I admit to being a Rev addict with a secret lingering eye for duelies. I'd love to add this one to my quiver.

Kiting in the Midwest must be catching on...James M. just signed up form Missori and should be in the air with his first dual or quad kite pretty soon!

Good Luck in the contest!!

(I just said that to be nice!)

Keep It Up!

Duane

• 2 weeks later...