KiteLife Forum

Silver Fox UL

John Barresi

Hey Jeep,

The Foxes are KOOL! They will trace a straighter line and more graceful loop in the sky than any quad - hmmm, well JB and a few dozen experts may prove the exception to that! :P

Congrats, Martin. I hope you enjoy your SF as much as I have. B)

Howard,

I got in to kiting with a Rev ... completely skipped the dual line step/phase. I've flown a Beetle some while trying to teach my grandson to fly it, but it really doesn't spark my interest like the Revs do. Yes, I know the beetle isn't really representative of good dual lines, but ...

Now ... if the random number generator choose to bestow a really cool dual line ... I'd spend the time to learn how to fly it ... but, so far I've not been faced with that "problem".

-tom

Tom,

I've had over 20 different duals in my stable, and the Beetle is, for me ("personal experience, your experience may be different") the absolute worst of the bunch :) . And that includes several much cheaper beginner kites. The only reason I bought the Beetle was to have something in my bag for guests that was indestructible. My guests will, instead, be introduced with the New Tech Diode! :greedy:

The large number of kites is explained by the winter months with no decent weather, and eBay - which prior to this year had lots of excellent close-out lots of new kites. Now that I'm also hooked on the more expensive Rev kites, there is little joy on eBay. Except a Rev II I snagged a few months ago, and finally got into the sky today. Snappy little thing! :P

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom,

I've had over 20 different duals in my stable, and the Beetle is, for me ("personal experience, your experience may be different") the absolute worst of the bunch :) . And that includes several much cheaper beginner kites. The only reason I bought the Beetle was to have something in my bag for guests that was indestructible. My guests will, instead, be introduced with the New Tech Diode! :greedy:

The large number of kites is explained by the winter months with no decent weather, and eBay - which prior to this year had lots of excellent close-out lots of new kites. Now that I'm also hooked on the more expensive Rev kites, there is little joy on eBay. Except a Rev II I snagged a few months ago, and finally got into the sky today. Snappy little thing! :P

Howard,

One of our club members gave the Beetle to my 5 1/2 year old grandson as the next step up from his SLK. Wow was he excited. But, at that age, his attention span is still very short, and so, it's still more of a novelty, thus an anvil is appropriate. If he develops an interest, I'll move him up. But, really, in a couple of more years, I'm hoping he'll be able to handle a Rev.

It's too bad the Rev II takes a faster reaction time than the 1.5 kites. Otherwise that would be a perfect kite, size wise, for a youngster. I've made a number of four foot and five foot Rev-like kites. They are a blast to fly when the wind is really blowing. You can go from okay to disaster in less than a heartbeat. And after wards, when you go back to your 1.5 Rev, the world slows right down ... feels like you're flying in molasses.

Cheers,

Tom