KiteLife Forum

Can we put up 100 Revs at WSIKF this year?

John Barresi

Hi John,

As a Rev. Flyer in practice...

:kid_loved: Practice--Practice--Practice :w00t:

And as a lone wolf out here...

I need to know all that I can know.

With that said...could you elaborate on what constitutes a 0 up to a 10:

"Self-assessment of skill (0 to 10)" :doh:;)

Thanks!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hi John,

As a Rev. Flyer in practice...

:kid_loved: Practice--Practice--Practice :w00t:

And as a lone wolf out here...

I need to know all that I can know.

With that said...could you elaborate on what constitutes a 0 up to a 10:

"Self-assessment of skill (0 to 10)" :mellow:;)

Thanks!

Keep It Up!

Duane

how good a pilot are you??? 0= not very good yet 10= very good, years of experience

I would rate myself somewhere between 0.314856 and 1 :doh:

how good a pilot are you??? 0= not very good yet 10= very good, years of experience

I would rate myself somewhere between 0.314856 and 1 :kid_loved:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah...well, what does that mean. As a 0.314856 to a 1...what can and can't you do? As a 5 or 7 what can and can't they do? (I know that John is off the charts---so don't count him in on this).

Keep It Up!

Duane

I would rate myself somewhere between 0.314856 and 1 :kid_loved:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah...well, what does that mean. As a 0.314856 to a 1...what can and can't you do? As a 5 or 7 what can and can't they do? (I know that John is off the charts---so don't count him in on this).

Keep It Up!

Duane

The way I thought about it was, 0= first time with a rev, and 10= John B., or Steve D. I gave myself a 9ish. I suppose a 5 could be competent... having down the basics, and maybe a basic hover.

Hey Bill!!

Forget about the 0.314856...On a GOOD day when the wind is PERFECT...(by Watty's definition) you and I are probably pushing up on the down side of "5"!! :ani_yahoo:

Keep It Up!

Duane

LOL... that's why I like Watty... he has a positive outlook... (glass is full... half full of water half full of air)

with your daily routine you may be pushing a 5, (especially if you are working on your hover) I think 5 is when you 'Own thy hover'

Yeah...I'm red faced again today! (I keep forgetting the sun tan lotion!!)

I'm "almost" Ok with any direction hover (shaky but "almost" OK), but the "inverted" hover--unless it's dead center, 4 to 6 feet off the ground or moving in a slide..if I'm not doing that then it all goes to hell. And to try to back "upwards" with the inverted hover is like a rocking boat that keep amplifying or stalls out or goes to hell somehow.

BUT--THERE IS HELP ON IT"S WAY!! :ani_yahoo: MrDenny and I are going to get together soon and I'm going to see ANOTHER KITER doing it!! (It's rough going this alone!!)

Keep It Up!

Duane

I'd say 9-10 equates to overall skill and knowledge... Team and individual, variable wind conditions, knowledge of maneuvers and skill of execution.

Owning your hover in ALL orientations gets you to around a 6, being able to reverse in any direction (even a bit wiggly) gets you into the 7 range.

That's how I measure it, anyway. :ani_yahoo:

I'd say 9-10 equates to overall skill and knowledge... Team and individual, variable wind conditions, knowledge of maneuvers and skill of execution.

Owning your hover in ALL orientations gets you to around a 6, being able to reverse in any direction (even a bit wiggly) gets you into the 7 range.

That's how I measure it, anyway. ;)

WOW?!?!?! considering that information.... I am more like a 1.469834 or 2.000001 :ani_yahoo:

33 confirmed for WSIKF already with 6 months yet to go... We've got pros, novices and everything in-between!

This is an awesome chance to participate in one of the largest kite festivals in North America, and mosrt certainly the largest Rev fly ever assembled. :ani_yahoo:

Even if you don't feel up to the mega flies, there will be SO MUCH team play and personal coaching available, it's not to be missed!

Hope many more of you can make the trip. ;)

I got about 3 1/2 hours in today "IN THE FREEZING COLD" (60')!!

:ani_weightlift: practice--practice--practice :ani_weightlift:

Thanks John!! :sign_kitelife:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Wow, you should come up here Duane. We had maybe 55 deg tropical heat wave today, with some unknown celestial body in the sky, like a big yellow ball that cast light upon the ground, and caused all who ventured outside to wear upon their faces pieces of darken glass.

But on the brighter side (pun acknowledged to be weak), I got my "B" standard lime (AKA yellow) in the air for its maiden flight. Flew at "Kite Henge", a beautiful site on Puget Sound in Lakewood WA. That sure put salve on the winter blues.

Nice kite, but I am still not at the level that I can distinguish between an EXP, SLE, and "B". Still working on the inverted hover, although the other 7 of 8 compass points are working pretty well.

-Fair winds

This is getting bigger by the day... We've got representatives coming from the Decorators and Flying Squad as well as a few other folks from the UK.

It is going to be a great opportunity to see something incredible, and to meet some of the best team fliers in the world. <grin>