KiteLife Forum

Oak Rev. Box (NoWind)

Guru4tru

Ahhhh Yessss!

Another day "without wind" produced an "Oak Rev. Box", (for short Rev. flying trips when my PVC Rocket Launcher with "all" my kites isn't necessary). I'm running out of "No Wind" day projects!! :confused!:

And don't tell me to go buy a ZEN!! (although, if you notice there is room for 1 more kite in the box--heehee!--is the ZEN the same size as the standard 1.5 B-series when knocked down and rolled up?) :ani_weightlift::ani_weightlift:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Ahhhh Yessss!

Another day "without wind" produced an "Oak Rev. Box", (for short Rev. flying trips when my PVC Rocket Launcher with "all" my kites isn't necessary). I'm running out of "No Wind" day projects!! :confused!:

And don't tell me to go buy a ZEN!! (although, if you notice there is room for 1 more kite in the box--heehee!--is the ZEN the same size as the standard 1.5 B-series when knocked down and rolled up?) :ani_weightlift::ani_weightlift:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Nice Work... I like the recessed lid and the pin to hold it open... no wheels and an end handle for this one?!?!?! you will need to add an extension for the Zen... it is a little longer

Hey!! Thanks for all the complements!

And "Thank God!!" The ZEN is too big!! What a relief! :ani_weightlift:

No, I don't have much in the way of tools, just a hand jig saw, hand drill and a small sander and of course a hammer and a screwdrivers! The boards were all pre-cut oak from Lowes 1/4" x 5 1/2" x 48". I only had to cut some pieces off the ends of 4 boards I got (which I used for the ends and lid supports) and nailed it all together.

About the recessed lid...heehee!!...Well, I nailed 3 of the boards together for the box part, but instead of nailing 2 of them on top of the bottom board--I nailed them on the sides of the bottom board. So when I got that all finished I went to put the lid on and it fell into the box!! :ani_weightlift: The only way I could fix it, without ripping it all apart and ruining the wood, was to recess the lid and put in supports for it...heehee! :sign_kitelife:

And Red, White & Blue Handles were what happened last week when it rained! Pretty classy! heehee! :g:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Thinking outside the "box" here. :ani_weightlift:

You could line the box with padded silk, hey presto, a casket to lay Revs to rest in whan they reach the beyond repair time.

That's Good Bear!!

You know that's not a bad idea. When I die, and am cremated, they can pour my ashes in over my Revs. and bury it...and I'll take them with me! So, after I'm dead, if any of you feels a pressure on top of your head--and there is nothing there--IT"S ME!!

:ani_weightlift::sign_kitelife:

Keep It Up!

Duane

BTW...should anyone be thinking about making one of these Rev. boxes; use Elmer's Wood Glue on all the contact edges. The glue does most of the holding rather then the little nails. And drilling little holes, slightly smaller then the nails will keep the wood from spliting, which it has a tendency to do. :ani_weightlift:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Thinking outside the "box" here. :shifty:

You could line the box with padded silk, hey presto, a casket to lay Revs to rest in whan they reach the beyond repair time.

That's Good Bear!!

You know that's not a bad idea. When I die, and am cremated, they can pour my ashes in over my Revs. and bury it...and I'll take them with me! ...

Duane,

Man, that is so selfish to take your Revs with you!!! Why not have your executor send each of us a kite and some ashes. We could spread a few ashes and take your kite up for a flight ... the ultimate team flying!!!

Cheers,

Tom

You would have to keep the loaction secret, to discourage potential Grave Robbers.

Then again, one of your kitse is called Elvira!!

But then, Baloo, you're right...grave robbers could be a problem! I'll just have to have them cremated with me too! (only need a little assh and imagination to reconstruct thing after death). :shifty:

Keep It Up!

Duane