KiteLife Forum

2005 Routines

Penny Lingenfelter

Aaarrrr, me been spending long days searchin th' world (internet) over for me new routines. <_<

A pirate me wishen to be to sail the big blue (skies) lol

me be finding a new jig, new shanty and bucaneer rags!

Tis a great grand planning it takes to make me treasured kite sail shipsahpe.

At the same time, me be at me ropes end to find me speeches for me Master of Toast club.. hence, me combined th' two.

Me be learning pirate speak!

So, me be thinking a voice over to explain the long days/months at sea with only the sea and the wind for company. Wind? What be in your skull that pirates spent long hours singing shanties?! Belay that thought! Tis only sense they were kiteflying, so a little ripping sound.... (tear'n me britches apart to make me kite) and I be flying to The crow's nest/blowing wind. If'n it's the music me heart sets on.

Arrr, shiver me timbers... me mateys- tis a smile it brings to me face.. Sept. 19th is pirate speak day! Me calendar is marked, and me new routine on it's way!

aiiyy... now me thinks I be liken to fly to Peter Pan's song... "I'll never grow up"

What say ye?

BB

Pirate Penny

aaiiyy, music we be on the lookout for! I'm actually thinking of a little medley of music. Finally after months of searching I've ordered two cd's. and me pirate costume. :clap;

The worse part is finding the music, isn't it?

My only problem is it's for shows not competition so I take a beating on points for songs going over. Arrrrr... tis somthing I live with.

BB

Penny

• 2 weeks later...

you have to "feel" the music. not just hear it. you have to fly to the music from inside you. that's how i flew. did very well too. practice your basic moves until they are perfected. if you know any tricks, practice them until you can do them at will & not even thinking about how it's done. then, find a piece of music & choriograph the moves to the music.

'Tis with a tear in me one remaining eye that I say you should fly to the tune of the "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" sung by Gordon Lightfoot on his "Summertime Dream" album. Now, off with ya and fetch me a tankard of Ale! :)

arrr all you be getting is grog (rum & water) :)

me be going with the Battle Songs of the toucon Pirates... The crows nest, blowin wind- for me perfect Pirate adventure.

Aiyy, if ya have no luv for your shanty, you'll be wishin you were walkin the plank after hearin it for the 100th time.

Aiyy, practice... Practice.... practice..

me be going to Long Beach this weekend, but not hide or hair of my routine will they be seeing. Not till I be gettin me voice over done.

Me final decision on my cd voice over (illigal in competition unless it's freestyle) and I'l be pantomining the words are: Now read it with a celtic flair. :(

Ahoy Maties,

Me name be Penny Pirate and I be coming from a long line of pirates. -----Sword fights, treasure hunting, arrrrr months away at sea. But here's a secret! We pirates be kitefliers! Aiiyy, the ocean & wind and the proof be in our britches! Aiiyy, Pirates be need'n cloth to make kite.... Aiiyy... that's why our britches be such rags! Come; let me show you how we pirates sailed the grand sky!

Now you scallywags be keepin your eyes peeled for me kite sailing the great sky's!

:P

BB

Penny the Pirate

Wow John you are carrying a full plate. AND kitelife magazine. I think you better do some life changes to keep up with all this. May I suggest getting to bed before 4 am? And folks that's not the hours he spends partying, it's the hours he finds time to handle the kitelife magazine.

BB

Penny :wub:

Well, I did committ 100% of my time to Kitelife and it's surrounding projects beginning in February of this year... With the character quality that is so important to inject into what we're doing, I thought it best to not dilute my time and attitude with working for someone else. It's been very empowering, and my days are full for sure.

With Geezer coming down from Washington to work in-house as my assistant editor, things have just been getting better and better... Nice to have someone covering the bases when I'm away at festivals or otherwise detained.

For those that are curious, here is what I'm up to in 2005:

• Bi-monthly issues of Kitelife
  • Republishing (scan, ocr, format) Kite Lines magazine
  • Writing routines for, flying on, and training a sport kite team locally
  • Active participation as a member of the AKA Sport Kite Committee
  • Individual comps... Ballet and precision, dual and quad both, as well as freestyle and hot tricks.
  • Travel to roughly 12 events around the country this year
  • Daily Kitelife updates from 5 kite festivals

I wouldn't have it any other way... After years, I'm finally in a position to give something back for all the best years of my life that kiting has given me.

Well shrivel my timber!

Sounds like your saying your best days are over John!

lol

Arrrrrr.....

I'm afraid all my pirate impersonations all wind up sounding like Popeye.

Ak,ak,ak,ak,ak,,,,,,well blows me

down

Olive

Ak,ak,ak,ak,ay.....

I am what I am......lol

Later

Good Winds

Mike

It was so fun checking out Pirate Speak for the first time. Pirates Day Sept. 19th. They have some great web pages on pirates, songs, speak, history, stories, troups, all things piratey. :lol:

Besides me pirate costume there be a great tail (Banner attached from both leading edges) of black flags with red trim and crossbones on it. It looks really kewl flying inside on the Rev. 1.5 I'm going to paint my old gold Rev. black... and if it peels off from the many coats of paint, so be it, it would add to the charm. So far, so good with the paint though. It looks great in the sky, just not so good close up.

I've got other plans, but I guess I should leave something to the imagination. That's hard.. I'd rather talk about it all. :P:lol::P:wub:

Ohh, I should talk about this weekend. It was awesome, but bittersweet. Competing in open does not bring out the best in me! I forgot why I don't compete. lol :w00t: Yee Gads! I'll leave it for now.

Mostly, I'm looking forward to creating a new routine that will be fun.

Hey, I was in 3 papers last week-nice surprise. One was actually in my pirate costume, B) or so I hear. One I am "the woman" How funny. Have a great week!

;)

BB

Penny

• 4 weeks later...

My second routine for the season is a Leprechaun... :) and the voice over "Help, some crazy pirate be after me pot of gold!"

My rainbow Rev. with a pot of gold trailing behind and lots of opportunities for catches and throws to hide from the pirate. I think the kids will like it.

It's almost all done.. Waiting on a final cd to be shipped to my house and taken to the recording studio.

At least these costumes are cooler in the heat then last years dino/egg!

Have a great season!

BB

Penny

Hey Penny!

Looking forward to seeing both your pirate and leprechaun routines.

What did you fly at Up the River?

Sorry I missed that one. Couldn't make it.

I've just finished up editing the Ballet portion of this year's Windless DVD. I'll be starting on the hot tricks and demo sections in the next couple of days.

I have to say that it's been a pleasure to watch your routine there over and over as I was doing the editing. Your "God Bless the USA" routine rocks!

Whatever you add (and I'm sure it will be good!), please keep that one in your repertoire!

Thanks,

Don

Hey Don, We missed you and Mary. I took first with that USA routine at Up Your River. Open Indoor Ballet. Tks! I like it, too.

The other routines? I'm not sure you'll ever see them. I don't really compete with them, but the places that invite me in get whatever routines they would like. So come down to Lincoln City, Brookings, or San Ramon. Their my favorites... But I usually get to practice at Moses Lake. :) WA needs more shows.

Marica remarked she liked the genie routine a few weeks back. She'd never seen it before. That routine is 8 years old. :(

I've about a dozen costume routines. My goal is to keep improving, recycling, and improving them. I love it when a baby has to have me because of pink hair, or a dad thanks me for a show his kids really enjoyed. And I get to fly! Thanks again!

Better get to work!

BB

Penny

I'm EBGB and he is me (Don)

Bill is my little brother, twice removed. We went to different schools together. :)

I've seen your Genie routine, and saw your dino/egg routine from the far end of the field at Whidbey (through the fog no less). It'd be great to see you do some of your newer ones as demos at some of the events this summer.

I'm going to try to make it down to Lincoln city this year, so maybe I'll catch you there!

Don

Hey Don, How kewl you two might make it to Lincoln City. Steve is going. He likes to go to some of the events, especially big ones.

I forgot I got to demo at Whidbey. In the past, if you weren't competing it was hard to get a demo on the roster there and most competitions. That's understandable, but frustrating.

Hey Don, I got those dvd's from Wayne and they don't appear to be working after the first 3 or 4 fliers from L.B. It';s like 1/2 of everything demo, hot tricks, and ballet made it on there. Did you add to those before I got my copy, or is something wrong with the DVD? I'm going to have to take one to a friends and make sure it's not my dvd player.

I want to send them to some sponsors, but would like them complete... and even a little video of me on it would help. :) lol

BB

Penny

Howdy Penny,

Nope, didn't make a teaser version. :)

I don't know what could be wrong with those disks. I gave Wayne a master copy, and we both burned a bunch to sell for the kite museum.

If I remember right, you got one or two copies from me. If they're doing the same thing as the ones you got from Wayne, then I suspect it might be an incompatibility between the recordable DVD's (DVD+R) and your player. Some players don't like them, particularly older ones. It plays on 3 of the four players I have - the fourth one won't even start to read it.

Try it out on a friend's player if you can, and let me know how it goes.

Or, you could wait for the new one. I'm shooting to have it done by the end of the month. :(