KiteLife Forum

Rev.ElasticBungeeCords

Guru4tru

Hi,

I'm not sure about this, (could have come from one of my "Elvira" dreams!), but I think I remember someone saying they removed the "elastic bungee cords" from their Rev., but I can't remember where, who, when or how that got into my head.

Does anyone know anything about this and if it is a good idea or not and what they might have replaced it with. :confused!:

Keep It Up!

Duane

I believe some of the Europeans replaced the bunji at the top of the verticals with dacron line, relying only on the stretch at the bottom.

It's an easy and safe enough thing to experiment with, although I've not found any advantage myself...

Perhaps someone else has different input?

I've read that the only advantage to it is to keep the top of the vertical spars flush (or close to flush) with the leading edge.

I notice no problem with having bungees on either side -- although I've tightened up my top bungees considerably (just below the threshold where it starts to crimp the LE material).

I've read that the only advantage to it is to keep the top of the vertical spars flush (or close to flush) with the leading edge.

I notice no problem with having bungees on either side -- although I've tightened up my top bungees considerably (just below the threshold where it starts to crimp the LE material).

Hey JoneZ!!

Great to hear from you!! And thanks JB and You for the info.!! :)

(What ever happened to "antman" and "Choccy" haven't heard much from them lately and I've gained a lot from their input on things in the past!?!?) :ani_weightlift:

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Good Rev. day today...lots of sun & wind!!