KiteLife Forum

A Personal Touch!!

Guru4tru

Hi,

I was reading about you’all painting pictures on kites and decided to add a little personal touch to “My Most Beautiful Elvira” (1.5 Rev. Mid-vent). So I got some of that Design Master Paint you'all recommended and made a stencil of “OM” & “Black Dot” and spray painted them on "Elvira’s" Cheeks! (And she likes them too!) :D

OK...So, it's no Rembrand, but I think it looks pretty good. And now it's not just another "Most Beautiful Black Rainbow" Rev.! It now has "my" personal touch on it!! :angry:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Duane, going off topic (OT) here :D

I understand the OM reference, and I love the Indian(?) calligraphy. :P

But I don't know the significance of the black dot. :angry:

Yin-yang would have been my choice to balance the OM. (In fact I have a Yin-yang kite - split sail, rainbow yin-yang symbols. It really does handle gusty winds better than most duals.)

But, whatever - I think you've customized Elvira in a personal way that enhances her beauty. ;)

Damn! You'all have a way of asking the wrong questions. :confused!:

Like Billamm mentioned how he liked the resessed lid on my Quad Box...and I had to go into a long explaination of how I nailed it together wrong...and the top didn't cover the box!! :angry:

OK...The big "BLACK DOT" WAS a yin-yang symbol, well...it was suppose to be a yin-yang symbol, but I screwed it up and the eyes came out crocked...sort of like in the wrong place. And when I tried to fix it...things went to hell worse then just being crosseyed...then I tried to remove the paint and it turned into a big gray blobe...with the only possible solution being a big "Black Dot"! ;)

But, I convinced "Elvira" that it really looks great, so don't mention anything about it should we ever be flying together! :D

Keep It Up!

Duane

• Like 1

Like Billamm mentioned how he liked the resessed lid on my Quad Box...and I had to go into a long explaination of how I nailed it together wrong...and the top didn't cover the box!! :angry:

OK...The big "BLACK DOT" WAS a yin-yang symbol, well...it was suppose to be a yin-yang symbol, but I screwed it up and the eyes came out crocked...sort of like in the wrong place. And when I tried to fix it...things went to hell worse then just being crosseyed...then I tried to remove the paint and it turned into a big gray blobe...with the only possible solution being a big "Black Dot"! ;)

But, I convinced "Elvira" that it really looks great, so don't mention anything about it should we ever be flying together! :D

Keep It Up!

Duane

rofl

Like Billamm mentioned how he liked the resessed lid on my Quad Box...and I had to go into a long explaination of how I nailed it together wrong...and the top didn't cover the box!! ;)

OK...The big "BLACK DOT" WAS a yin-yang symbol, well...it was suppose to be a yin-yang symbol, but I screwed it up and the eyes came out crocked...sort of like in the wrong place. And when I tried to fix it...things went to hell worse then just being crosseyed...then I tried to remove the paint and it turned into a big gray blobe...with the only possible solution being a big "Black Dot"! :P

Keep It Up!

Duane

Some times its not how well you do your craft.. its how well you hide your mistakes... :P

I think it looks great... :angry:

Thanks!

That's one saying I'm going to have to remember!! How true that is in my life! :D

I have another one that I picked up over my years of doing "projects"!...

"If I didn't bleed, then it probably wasn't worth doing!!" :angry:;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Thanks!

That's one saying I'm going to have to remember!! How true that is in my life! :D

I have another one that I picked up over my years of doing "projects"!...

"If I didn't bleed, then it probably wasn't worth doing!!" :angry:;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

ROTFL

How true that is... I think I need a T Shirt that says that... or at least a first aid kit

<snip>

But, I convinced "Elvira" that it really looks great, so don't mention anything about it should we ever be flying together! :innocent:

Keep It Up!

Duane

Duane - you are proving yourself not only a master of crafts, but a artisan of the human condition. :artist:

I might tell Elvira, however, that hidden within that dot is a perfectly formed universal symbol. She will be thrilled. :clap;

(As sculptors always insist that the statue is simply hiding in the block of granite.) :lol:

Well, said, Howard!!

"...hidden within that dot is a perfectly formed universal symbol."

And you'd be almost correct...except you've gotta drop the words "perfectly formed"......

.....?remember?...my attempt at "yin-yang" came out "cross eyed", which is what caused all the problems in the first place! heehee!! :innocent::artist:

Keep It Up!

Duane

If you dont want to use paint, one of my freinds put a design on his kite using the stuff that sailors use for the numbers on their sails when in races. Looks great and you can always take it off if you want to sell or put a new design on.

Thanks "kitesnowboarder",

That sounds like a good idea. Should I ever decide to become artistic again I will look into that (sort of depends on how many rainy days I get!) :innocent::artist::clap;

Keep It Up!

Duane