KiteLife Forum

Ferrule on Middle leading edge pushed flush

velella

Tom, thanks for the reminder for cleaning the inside of the rod.

I clean the insides of the rods each time I glue ferrules and completely forgot to include it in my post.

Scraping and sanding to remove the old glue on the inside of the rods and on the outside of the ferrule.

Finish wipe down with solvent too.

What is the "more flexible" adhesive you use?

Next time I'll try coating the inside of the rod like you describes.

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

I also build and fly RC aircraft, thus I've been exposed to and favor this product line. I use the 30 minute Z-poxy (PT-39) adhesive. It's not as flexible as the Zap-Goo (PT12), but is much less brittle than CA adhesives.

Plan on trying the Zap-Goo if any of the 30-minute joints ever fail ... none have ... so far! On Revs that's four factory joints that had to be redone and 15 additional joints on Rev like kites I've built. I think it's a balance between trying to keep them glued and still being able to break the joint if any repairs need to be made.

Cheers,

Tom

Aloha Tom

Thanks for the heads up on the glues

Got them written down on a post-it I placed in my car for next trip to hardware store or hobby shop.

Will try it out.

Several other Rev fliers I fly with are also into RC building. I'll ask them if they know where locally to purchase it also.

Thank you

Steve