KiteLife Forum

National Kite Month March 27 - May 2, 2010

kiteking

More info on National Kite Month available here

With all the heated discussions about Ebay merchants, and misrepresentations on products made by "someone else" I thought we could use a positive subject.

Yesterday, my wife, son, daughter in law, and granddaughter went to the park to take Easter pictures and fly kites.

Though the wind was not available, I did capture some "moments"

tn_gallery_3935_154_676485.jpg tn_gallery_3935_154_2377962.jpg

Have a great day and be sure to fly a kite during National Kite Month

Makenna's website

The AKA had a contest for someone to come up with a poster for "National Kite Month" and this is the winning poster: http://www.nationalkitemonth.org/downloads/posters.shtml

It's really a beautiful poster, but..."Where's the Rev. type of kite"? (Guess you just can make all the people happy all the time! heehee!) ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Damn!!

Hey JB...As you know...I don't know how to do computer stuff...I only know how to cut & paste (and I screw that up sometimes) so don't think this is a "crusade") but, I'm doing a "cut & paste" from the AKA site (which I am a loyal member at) because I don't know where the "question" came from!!

-----------------

AKA

Guru4tru Posted on: Today, 4:39pm

KiteTalke

144 Posts

It was brought to my "attention"...unhappily...that if I thought the poster needed some improvement...then "Why? Didn't I enter my own drawing?!?!"

To answer: My wife & I read the post for the poster contest and talked about it and thought it might really be fun to do. We were looking forward to doing it and then the part about the "sponsers logos" would have to be on it came up...and we didn't know what needed to be fullfilled in that area...or even what a "sponsers logo" looked like or where we could get them. And then this post came up (which I will only quote in part):

capt richard

Posted on: December 14th, 2009, 9:12am

KiteTalker

AKA Annual Meeting Committee

Life is too short not to enjoy work and play.

334 Posts

I have read the post on the request for posters to advertise the NKM event this year. Of course it will need the NKM, AKA, and KTAI logo but the question is who are the commercial sponsors? I have a couple of samples but fitting five or six logos will effect the design..............................

----------------------------------------------------------------------

We didn't really know what the hell he was talking about, but we figured that the response would clear things up for us so we could get started.

There was "no response"..........so we sadly figured to just forget it.....

As a member, for a couple years, of the AKA, and paid up for another 3 years because I believe in the AKA "intent", (which hasn't been confirmed by AKA yet...couple months now) I certainly hope things improve around here to include and responnd to those that aren't just the "insiders"!!

Respectfully,

Keep It Up!

Duane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"KITE-ARIAN"

Hrm, interesting poster... I think kitefliers get it, but the overall visual seems really uninspiring for non-kitefliers, regardless of kinds of kites they used.

Also, it looks like the logos were simply dropped on there raw, glue and paper style... No nipping and trimming to get them to look right.

Duane, could you post a URL here so we can see the related discussion on AKA's forum?

John...........:clap2:

I know you won't believe this...but, it's for real...What's a "URL"? :confused!:

Don't bother!!!!...Just consider me computerly hopless!!

(But, I started to pick up on how to "Doesy-Do" today...So, I'm learning the "important" stuff!!) ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

But...Hey John...

I know how to "cut/copy and paste"!! If you want I can "copy" the discussion and "paste" it here..! (But, I have to say...things "sort of" went in a strange direction!?!?)

Your call!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

URL is the web address (www.etc)... It's generally not great etiquette to copy over entire posts between forums, far better tact to post the link and why folks should look at it. ;)

Hi John,

Well, I have probably been the most "un-etiquetted" person on these forums! heehee! Sorry 'bout that!

But, the AKA's "www" thing doesn't change from it's normal reading to somethings else when I go to the topic...but, the topic is the last one in the forum labeled "National Kite Month"!! heehee!

Keep It Up!

(and thanks for your understanding)

Duane

Aye, that's one of the ongoing issues with the AKA web site... It uses "frames", which is what doesn't allow the URL (web address) to change.

There is a trick to getting the specific URL (which I know), so here it is - http://aka.kite.org/?cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?b=nkm,m=1269612293

Thanks. ;)