Jump to content
KiteLife Forum

Phew.. My absence?


Recommended Posts

Hey all. ;)

As I have noticed, I haven't been around much lately. =\ Real life has been pretty demanding as of late, and I have been pretty distracted with a myriad of things.

So I thought I would make a general post telling all that care, that I am alive, and well. :)

My US immigration is underway, and thats been a major focal point in the last few months -- getting everything ready, moneys saved, forms, birth certificates, dna samples (:P )etc... in line and ready for sending. And lets face it, anyone who has had first hand experience with immigration, knows that the USCIS office is the furthest away from the nice spectrum as you could possibly get -- so that makes for a difficult ride, being as we chose not to proceed with a lawyer (the paperwork is simple enough, its just a tad cryptic at times).

I've also rediscovered my passion for computer programming -- being as once my social sec. # comes in (3-5 months), Im going to be searching for a job in the computer field (being as I have my Com. Sci. Tech. degree and all). So Im freshening up on programming and language, as well as finally getting around to studying and mastering Linux (can you say 800+ page linux bible? Yeah.. Big stuff. lol).

Oh! I got into a Car accident a few weeks ago too! hah. Some kid (was probably texting) Rammed into a lady behind me as we were all at a stop light. The kid was doing about 35-40Mph and hit her dead on (didnt hear brake squeal or anything). She in turn slammed into the rear end of me, and I hit the guy in front of me. When I got out of the car to inspect, there was a good 8-10 feet of space between the kids car and the gal behind me, so I know for sure he was going at speed.

Long story short, this was my first accident EVER, so of course it HAD to be a 4 car wreck. lol I messed up my back a little, as I was jamming to Ziggy Stardust (singing and everything), adjusting the volume (leaned over to fiddle with the knobs) when I got slammed into. Im getting a pretty decent settlement out of the deal, and I have personal insurance protection, so Im good there. But, I haven't been able to get out and fly for about 3 weeks due to my back. :(

And for another 3 weeks before that I've been so immersed in learning linux, immigration, etc... that I haven't had a chance to pick up my kites to go fly, let alone have just some personal time.

So, we're going on vacation to Montana tomorrow and Im bringing my Kites. So expect some flying action in the days to come. I'll see if I can get some pics and vid taken as well.

Pretty excited. :)

Anyhow, I should get going, as I need to sew a new nose on my Widow (Last time I was out at Delta Pk. with JB and friends, I slammed my Widow and tore straight through the nose. lol), and pack, and clean, and yada yada yada yada.

Apologies for the absence once again -- once things balance out here in the next months to come, I'm sure I'll get right back into the KiteLife Saddle. :)

Cheers all.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to have you back JoneZ. Have a wonderful time in Montana and best of luck with the rest of your Immigration. Also great news that you weren't hurt any worse in your accident. Get feeling better soon, have a great vacation and take lots of pics!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really glad to see you back Jon, even more glad you're alright.

Let's hook up again one of these weekends when you've got time, would love to show you some stuff and get your feedback. ;)

TK's immigration stuff is still pending too, empathic best wishes with your own efforts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

So who's been having a time lately?

<--- Right here. This guy. lol

About 1 week after my initial post, I rolled my ankle, severing a ligament. Fun stuff.

The past 6 weeks I've been recovering from that. Real fun stuff.

I was helping an elderly friend of ours paint his house, and when I was carrying gallons of paint inside, I ended up stepping on the edge of the driveway (which was tapered off to the grass at a 45o angle) and rolling my ankle with about 40 extra pounds of weight on the right side (from the paint I was carrying). My ankle took 150% of the load since I didnt see it coming (was talking with my friend).

I didn't know how severe it was until the next day when it swelled up like a balloon, and really until a week later when the bruising started to set.

BUT. I am still alive, and kicking (with one leg at least), and back to work, although limited to ground work. I am _just_ starting to get some strength back in my ankles lateral movement, so Im still really susceptible to rolling it again (which I've already done at work.... ouch is an understatement).

I went out to the beach this weekend for some RnR, and ended up pulling out most my kites and flying. My ankle hurt the next day to say the least, and I got sunburned like 10, but it was SO worth it -- having not flown in over 8 weeks. Had some great winds, so I got to practice walking my Rev and my precision maneuvers while listening to some new music I downloaded. Was a blast and could have flown into the night, but we were just there for the day. =\

Feels good to spread the wings again. :)

Practicing inverted


Catching a Fade


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right on, sounds great! Give me a hollar when ur in town on a weekend -- We'll see if the winds hold up for delta.

After mine and my Wifes 1yr anniverssary, we're reserving our hotel for WSIKF. o.0 Finally! hehe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...