KiteLife Forum

Can anyone tell me the model Rev this is?

Ray

If you want definitive answers on Rev history, you need to get johnnmitchell from the Rev forum to chime in.

However, from the relative size to the auto in the background and the smallish size of the throat area, I'd guess this is a Rev I ... the same pattern as the 1988 kite on the Rev forum header. Did you also recognize that the vertical rods are on the wrong side of the kite?

Cheers,

Tom

Aye, that's a Rev 1... Although, as Tom pointed out, the vertical spars should be on the other side (opposite side from logo and bridle).

Also, it appears that there may be something wrong with the leading edge spar, maybe broken, or a bent ferrule (joint)?

Should be semi-straight in the leading edge, but there is clearly a kink left of the "N" in Revolution, in the photo you posted.

As this looks like an early Rev 1 it will probably have metal ferrules on it so could indeed be a bent ferrule.

I have one about the same, problem with mine is a ripped mesh. Good rods. Oh well. :)

Oh, PS, if it is for sale and cheap enough you could always get some new rods for it. Rev 1's are cool to fly.

As this looks like an early Rev 1 it will probably have metal ferrules on it so could indeed be a bent ferrule.

I have one about the same, problem with mine is a ripped mesh. Good rods. Oh well. :)

Oh, PS, if it is for sale and cheap enough you could always get some new rods for it. Rev 1's are cool to fly.

It is cheap enough and I wanted to know if I might need to replace a few frame parts. The sail looks aok. If I had to replace the leading edge rods and ferrules how much would that run me? Thanks for the info guys.

Ray

It is cheap enough and I wanted to know if I might need to replace a few frame parts. The sail looks aok. If I had to replace the leading edge rods and ferrules how much would that run me? Thanks for the info guys.

Ray

There are several good shops that stock replacement parts and will help you if you give them a call. However, A Wind of Change (Kent) has absolutely the best web site to help you learn, at your own speed, about Rev rods. Kent lists a 1/4 inch ID replacement frame set for $84.75. That means that a new leading edge should cost about $50~55. If you only need one rod or a ferrule, then it should be cheaper yet.

Give him a call and he'll help you out.

If you decide not to purchase the kite, you might share the particulars with the forum ... folks are always looking for early/unique kites.

Cheers,

Tom

If only the postage would be better I would LOVE the sail.

However as Tom said, plenty of places to look for rods or sets.

I just looked at thekiteshoppe.com has Rev 1 spars for $16 each. A full Race set for $110.

Looked at T first as I have bought stuff from her.

Have no hesitation in getting in touch with Kent or T, theay are REAL folks who you can talk to.

There are plenty of other places you can look. For instance if you log on to Kitelife, any of the sponsering kite shops are all good ones.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Oh just thought, you might need to re bridle it or adjust the existing one (add in a pigtail) as the early Rev 1's ran on un-even lines as far as top and bottom are concerned.

If only the postage would be better I would LOVE the sail.

However as Tom said, plenty of places to look for rods or sets.

I just looked at thekiteshoppe.com has Rev 1 spars for $16 each. A full Race set for $110.

Looked at T first as I have bought stuff from her.

Have no hesitation in getting in touch with Kent or T, theay are REAL folks who you can talk to.

There are plenty of other places you can look. For instance if you log on to Kitelife, any of the sponsering kite shops are all good ones.

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Oh just thought, you might need to re bridle it or adjust the existing one (add in a pigtail) as the early Rev 1's ran on un-even lines as far as top and bottom are concerned.

Rest assured if I end up acquiring this Rev, I will be bugging the heck out of you guys to get it flying!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

did you ever get this rev? and if yes would you consider selling it?

I never got this kite. It was snapped up pretty quickly on EBAY. Being a poor man, I gotta go super used and super cheap. I did get to try out a 1.5 sle but the wind was too light to keep it from nosing over. It probably wasn't set up right anyway. I have flown a few quads now including a nice RWB 1.5 SLE and a F2K and they both flew nicely. I will get a nice b series vented one of these days for beach fun.

Ray