KiteLife Forum

classifieds

I can't get into the classifieds to post a "kite wanted". My user name and password won't work. Do I need to register separately? I'm looking for a used Airbow. It's a symmetrical quad. I'm not sure anybody even makes them anymore. Is the classifieds the best place to hunt one up?

Mitch

Just checked out the video of Andy flying his Airbow. Thanks for the link. Of course he makes it look pretty easy. The 3 dimensional mobility is intriguing (though I've seen JB do almost everything Andy did forward and backward, except a barrel roll). Have you ever flown one, JB? I'm hardly worth a darn on the Revs that I already own, but I find I'm becoming a collector of interesting kites! I'd like to try one. Maybe pick up a used one, before I spring for the whole $300. Built a smallish UFO (and will soon have a full sized one). Attempting to fly it quad. The symmetry idea interests me, but I'm ready to hear that I'm barking up the wrong tree, if anybody has real experience in the air. Maybe having a real up and a real down has it advantages in flight dynamics.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Just checked out the video of Andy flying his Airbow. Thanks for the link. Of course he makes it look pretty easy. The 3 dimensional mobility is intriguing (though I've seen JB do almost everything Andy did forward and backward, except a barrel roll). Have you ever flown one, JB? I'm hardly worth a darn on the Revs that I already own, but I find I'm becoming a collector of interesting kites! I'd like to try one. Maybe pick up a used one, before I spring for the whole $300. Built a smallish UFO (and will soon have a full sized one). Attempting to fly it quad. The symmetry idea interests me, but I'm ready to hear that I'm barking up the wrong tree, if anybody has real experience in the air. Maybe having a real up and a real down has it advantages in flight dynamics.

I was on a symmetrical quad kite kick awhile ago looking for better reverse flying including an Airbow and HQ M-Quad

http://www.foreverflying.com/mquad.html

While they do fly as well backward as forward they don't track as well as a rev in flying straight flight. On the other hand they do great propeller spins. The Airbow seems to have a narrow wind range, not too high, not too low. The HQ M-Quad is a smaller kite on shorter lines and is quit twitchy. They are fun interesting kites in their own way, but if your interested in quad kite flying you have to ask yourself why are there so many revs and so few symmetrical quad kites? It just takes lots of practice:)

I was on a symmetrical quad kite kick awhile ago looking for better reverse flying including an Airbow and HQ M-Quad

http://www.foreverfl....com/mquad.html

While they do fly as well backward as forward they don't track as well as a rev in flying straight flight. On the other hand they do great propeller spins. The Airbow seems to have a narrow wind range, not too high, not too low. The HQ M-Quad is a smaller kite on shorter lines and is quit twitchy. They are fun interesting kites in their own way, but if your interested in quad kite flying you have to ask yourself why are there so many revs and so few symmetrical quad kites? It just takes lots of practice:)

I suppose you're right. I assume that the Rev's have taken over by the strength of their performance. Natural selection. Still, a symmetrical would be a different flying experience. They say that they don't fly like Revs. Interested in selling your Airbow? I'd love to give it a try. I've got a couple of ads out to buy one. Hoping for good condition for about 150. If it was enough of "a while ago" maybe you wouldn't mind lightening up you quiver. Thanks for the insight, regardless. Let me know at Cordover@charter.net. :-)