KiteLife Forum

Your Support for a Flyer

MtnFlyer

Many of you know John Farrell, an avid dual and quad line flyer, through the many kite events and competitions he has attended in the northwest over the last few years and his participation on several of the kite forums.

It is with great sadness but high hope that I have been asked to tell you of John’s present battle with cancer. He underwent surgery twice last week and is currently recovering at home. He has weathered a battery of tests and doctor appointments in recent weeks, and faces more surgeries, treatments, tests and appointments over the coming months.

John has been the driving force behind the increasingly popular Kites in the Park festival in Fort Collins, CO, held in late April for the last three years. Truly selfless, John had boundless energy and made no mention of his recent diagnosis when I saw him at the festival two weeks ago. He’s a competitor and fighter, and I know he’ll fight this current setback.

Needless to say, he and his wife Mary will not be making their summer driving trip to the northwest this year but are hoping to be able to attend WSIKF or AKA.

Please keep John in your thoughts and prayers. Mary has asked that you not email John but, instead, send an email to her (maryfarl AT msn DOTCOM) and she’ll put you on her email updates if you’d like. And I’ll be happy to answer any questions that I can by email or pm.

Personally, I’m looking forward to more flying sessions and tips from John.

Thanks.