Windependent

Bird Droppings--styrofoam plate birds.

3 posts in this topic

I want to do "bird droppings". Does anybody know who invented them?

At the Seaside convention in 2004 there was a guy doing what he called "Bird Droppings". I think he was at Dayton too. The birds were cut out of a single styrofoam plate each. They had a small nail taped at the beak for weight. About 20 of these birds were sandwiched between 2 frisbees held together with a rubber band. The frisbee sandwich was thrown straight up, the rubber band popped open and a cloud of birds would gently sail down.

I think I can replicate the birds, but I would like to give credit where it is richly deserved for this delightful effect.

Mary [at] Windependent.us

Create Custom T-Shirts

I want to do "bird droppings". Does anybody know who invented them?

At the Seaside convention in 2004 there was a guy doing what he called "Bird Droppings". I think he was at Dayton too. The birds were cut out of a single styrofoam plate each. They had a small nail taped at the beak for weight. About 20 of these birds were sandwiched between 2 frisbees held together with a rubber band. The frisbee sandwich was thrown straight up, the rubber band popped open and a cloud of birds would gently sail down.

I think I can replicate the birds, but I would like to give credit where it is richly deserved for this delightful effect.

Mary [at] Windependent.us

This sounds interesting. I tried to find a video but could not. Perhaps you could make one to see. Even a picture or 2 would be nice.

I'm not familiar with this one, does anyone have a photo?