KiteLife Forum

Kite fun at Delta Park this weekend?

My thanks to everyone who participated yesterday at Delta. I usually fly alone, but having such a great, supportive group really added to the fun. Also, with the patience of John, our team fly taught me a lot.

I strongly vote for having a festival the week after WSIKF. I also support the idea of offering some instruction to new flyers, especially kids.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree, we should make it a tradition....the weekend following WSIKF.....every year :blushing:

T

Sounds like fun. Is there somewhere nearby to hang a 27' Airstream for a couple of nights?

Don't need hook-ups, just a space.

In front of my house? :lol:

Tomorrow? :)

They'll be flying on Sunday too :)

T

Might be good for next year. We'll talk

We are headed for Crescent City for the Labor Day fly with the Windchasers. Had we known sooner...........

Thank you everyone for coming out and making this weekend awsome. It was good to meet and fly with all ya all.

Suprisingly we had at least one day of wind. :blushing: Hope to see and fly with all ya all again soon.

Have a great day, and again thank you all for a relaxing awsome weekend. Special thanks to JB for making it all happen.]

Dean

hmmmmm, guess I'll have to start making regular trips up to Portland. As long as it's possible you know I'll be there. If nothing else it's cool to be flying your kite in one direction and the person next to you is flying in the oppisite direction. Theres always something cool to learn. And fun to be had. Hope to see ya all soon.

Dean

• Like 1

Sadly, there's no regular cycle to the weekends that we're home... Example here:

http://www.teamiquad.com/main.htm#schedule

As you can see, sometimes it's the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th weekend, with little consistency.

If local folks put their heads together and choose some weekends, we'll certainly come out anytime we're in town. :)

I think it's a great idea, I'd love to see it come together... But I'd like to see folks take partial ownership of it too.

Being so far south and unable to plan things like this out for sure on my part with enough notice puts me outta the runnin'. But if life will let me out to play on a day when ya all are out I'll be there. I'd like to see our collective skills progress. Would be great to know that at least once a month there would be a chance at getting some team flying in. I still would like to learn to lead and call.

Course, with the schedule of iQuad in the open it can now be worked around. :) If nothing else I can say I'll take full ownership of my hover. :)

Dean

I would like to continue getting our group together once or twice a month. I really enjoyed the group flying and I would also like to learn to lead and call. So it sounds like Dean and I are aimed the same direction.

The challenge is that we have to find times that work for us and then (hopefully) plenty of wind and little or no rain. That is a bit of a challenge in Oregon. I've led groups before (e.g., president of soccer club) and I know that I want to avoid administration. Kiting for me is about doing, and I want to keep it that way.

Hopefully John will read these messages sometime soon. If we can use this forum (I'm not sure exactly how the protocol works for doing that) as our connection mechanism, then I suggest we lay out a tentative schedule and assume we will cancel if the weather does not cooperate.

If others are interested, please respond and share your thoughts.

Chuck

I've led groups before (e.g., president of soccer club) and I know that I want to avoid administration. Kiting for me is about doing, and I want to keep it that way.

Aye, as little structure as possible... For sure, casual, no membership. :)

Hopefully John will read these messages sometime soon. If we can use this forum (I'm not sure exactly how the protocol works for doing that) as our connection mechanism, then I suggest we lay out a tentative schedule and assume we will cancel if the weather does not cooperate.

Feel welcome to use this forum, it'd work well for me too (obviously)... Discuss it a bit, and let me know what you need. :)

As for leading and calling, I'm all too happy to share that knowledge as needed, as well as the usual team tips and encouragement.

Anytime I'm at the field and wind allows, I'm game. :)

Feel welcome to use this forum, it'd work well for me too (obviously)... Discuss it a bit, and let me know what you need. :)

We could use a team set of Rev's and lines and a bottomless ice chest of drinks for starters. :)You know I'm kidding.

As for leading and calling, I'm all too happy to share that knowledge as needed, as well as the usual team tips and encouragement.

Every team needs a cheering section. You supply the team supplies, I'll get ya a set of Pom Pom's. :)

Anytime I'm at the field and wind allows, I'm game. ;)

Wind? We don't need no stinkin' wind. Ok, maybe we do. Unless our team bag comes with Zen's and 50lb line. ;)

Sorry, woke up in a good mood and my second thought of the day was of ya all and the fun ahead. Have a great day all ya all.

Dean