KiteLife Forum

Premier Canard

Mitch

Anybody have experience with premier's Canard? Supposed to be pretty responsive and perhaps even steerable low wind SLK, but the only vids I can find are very brief not suggest any nimble flight characteristics. My Wala broke it's back and while I intend to fix it, my eye is now wandering.

Mitch

The Canard is a very nice kite, flies exceptionally well and looks great. I have a couple, I haven't really spent much time with it in light winds so can't really comment on that but it does do very well in the stronger winds (4-5 mph +). The Canard seems to be a very high pointing kite so it sits very nicely in the air.

If you are happy with the Wala, you may want to take a look at the Wala XL. The larger XL glides much easier than the smaller version and is still very active to fly.

Hope that helps.

The Canard is a very nice kite, flies exceptionally well and looks great. I have a couple, I haven't really spent much time with it in light winds so can't really comment on that but it does do very well in the stronger winds (4-5 mph +). The Canard seems to be a very high pointing kite so it sits very nicely in the air.

If you are happy with the Wala, you may want to take a look at the Wala XL. The larger XL glides much easier than the smaller version and is still very active to fly.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the pic and the advice. It does help. I've got my eye on the XL but keep hoping against hope that the Manta will go back into production. So that's two on the "gifts for me" list.

Mitch

I've also seen this kite used indoors... A little heavy, but great glide ability. ;)

Right! Alan Cunningham. However, he got Sky Shark P 90's from me and completely reframed it for Indoor. :sq-cry:

Now that's Very interesting. You mean you can re-frame it lighter and it still keeps its balance for better glide? Is there a vid of this flight anywhere? It's a beautiful kite even as a fixed line toy so I can't imaging how graceful such a minimalist kite would look as a glider. What would Litsong Lu do in a case like this? LOL

Mitch