KiteLife Forum

A little flying from Long Island...

RobB

Hey there...

I thought I would share a little flying from my local spot with everyone. The kite is a Sky Sport Design Fearless Tattoo. One of my favorite low wind kites, I'm just starting to click with it after trying for a year.

~Rob.

• Like 1

Love the Blues in the sky, water, music, and your flying! :kid_devlish:

VERY entertaining! :w00t:

Thanks for posting!

Hi Jynx...

Glad you enjoyed ! It's so nice to fly now that all the summer crowd has gone home to watch football !

~Rob.

• 3 weeks later...

Very enjoyable video Rob, great music, thanks for posting. :P

Hey John...

Thanks for watching... glad you enjoyed. You know where I started, and your advice & encouragement helped a great deal for me to get to where I am now. Learning on your own is a slow, frustrating process at times, but watching videos like your Sea Devil demo provide the light at the end of the tunnel. You know, I watched that video, and ran right out to buy a Sea Devil. I was so disappointed that mine didn't fly just like yours the first day I flew it ! ;)

Well, here's another Fearless video for anyone who has time to watch & listen. It's the vented light version of the Fearless in ~10mph of wind.

~Rob.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Rob, I found your videos on YouTube today and immediately thought you would have posted them here-- I was right. I was watching a video of tricks and saw a user named "Must86" and knew it had to be you. I've been checking out your tricks and kites and eyeing your locations for flying, which I think I realized after watching a few videos. I said to myself "HEEEY! I think I know where that is!" haha :akuma:

You pull off some pretty cool tricks in succession and your flying is really smooth. I've been studying your videos. Keep it up!

OK, Airhead...

Here's my latest kite, all the way from Sweden ! The kite is a work of art, and tricky as H3LL ! You've been out to Cedar Beach ? Not a world class beach by any stretch, but the wind is. East, West, North wind is unobstructed, and the South wind isn't bad, either...

Give me a holler when you're needing a break from classes, I'll bring a bag of kites !

~Rob.

post-786-0-58213600-1313464200_thumb.jpg

I saw that video. That kite looks awesome. I went to Cedar Beach with a friend on a day when we had nothing to do. It's the only beach I've seen that's bare and that very few people go to-- a true gem for kite flyers. I can understand why few people go there, though. It's rocky. This semester will be brutal, but I'll give you a heads up if I'm free.

Well, that's the North Shore for you... if you don't like a rocky beach, get in you car and spend an hour on the road to get to a crowded South Shore beach... oh, and spend $10-$25 to park... 8)

I won't have much time in the next few months, either, as my 3rd child was born on Monday, but you can expect to see me out there for a few hours on Sunday mornings, as long as it's not raining too hard !

~Rob.

Yeah, John, I know it's a little long and I should've left more on the cutting room floor. That's why I tried to choose some fun music to listen to. As far as camera angle... well, I wish I had someone to take the video that knew more about videography than Mr. Tripod ! It would probably also help if I could learn some more tricks ! :)

~Rob.

• 1 year later...

Glad you enjoyed those, JP. I fly every Sunday at a local beach, but could meet you somewhere in between if you're interested. The best time to fly is in between Labor Day & Memorial Day. It gets tough during the summer with more people at the beach & admission charged at the beach (some beaches out here are up to $50 for a day pass...)

Come down to Wildwood on Memorial day, and you'll get to hang out with all the hard-core kite-heads...

http://kite.org/activities/events/event-calendar/

I am so excited for WW this year, it's been a couple of years since I've been there, and it's a great time. I've got my place down there from Thursday-Sunday. Bringing the whole family & our friends ! I think John's going to be there, how many others ?

• Like 1

I always go back to this simple trick that is so hard to master... the Side Slide. It's really easy on a four line kite, but on two lines... a real challenge of your control. This is the first trick I learned, and I'm still trying to get it right. Anyone else enjoy the Side Slide ?

• Like 3