KiteLife Forum

10' Inflatable Airplane (12/27/10)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

10' Inflatable Plane (dual line) from Gomberg Kites, a $350 value!

This incredibly unique kite is adapted from the original designed by Rolf Sturm of Germany!

post-1-054536900 1290768874_thumb.jpg post-1-023117400 1290768837_thumb.jpg

"Here's the ultimate fun kite. It is completely soft with no sticks or spars. It can be 'stunted' on two lines or staked out on display."

(winner will be able to select the primary color of their choice - purple, yellow, blue or red)

==

You can sign up here if you're not yet a member of the Kitelife forum, or click here to sign up if you're logged in already.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/283, and will be drawn on December 27th, 2010!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

This looks awesome!

Thanks for all the great resources John! Whilst watching youtube I fell in love with Revolution Kites whilst watching your stuff, and I knew I had to turn to the "dark side". I'm almost sure I'm getting a B-Series for my birthday in January, but will just have to wait and see w00t.gif

Well this is my first post...maybe the RNG will favour me??? tongue.gif

Look up in the sky, its a kite, no its a plane, no its a plane kite that should be seeing the nice Oregon and Washington coast with me as the proud owner.

Its for the moments when you put down the handles or straps and kick back with a cold beer and ...........

Ken

• 1 year later...

Alright, it took a while, but I finally got someone to help me out with this, and got some pictures too. So for those of you who were giving me a hard time in that other thread, I hope you are satisfied now. ;) It was pretty awesome when we got it up. And almost from the get-go there were these 3 little boys who were extremely excited about it. They wouldn't leave until the wind died down enough that we couldn't easily relaunch. Once again, thank you Kitelife.

(And yes, the grass is very dry at the Berkeley marina this year, for anyone who's wondering.)

post-5404-0-36956200-1343112775_thumb.jp

post-5404-0-70015600-1343112786_thumb.jp

• Like 1

WOW - super bonus this weekend...

Not only did we see Joanna (winner of the airplane kite), not only was she friendly and passionate about kites...

She also jumped into some 4-person team with some of us "pros" and she kicked BUTT.

Really, I don't often see someone digest and adapt to our team maneuvers so quickly.

Truly impressive, great work Joanna - you're welcome on my team line anytime. :)