KiteLife Forum

Rising Sun Cody Auction

uNDERLEAF

Up for auction is a one-of-a-kind Rick Brown Cody.

Designed after the Japanese Rising Sun naval flag, this is the first sunburst design Rick ever built. Another feature is that at the time this was built, all of Rick’s extended wing war kites were 7 foot wingspan. They are now 8 feet.

This Extended Wing Kite with an upper deck has a wing span of 7 feet, and is 3 feet from leading edge to trailing edge. The side box walls are 1 foot tall and are built using a forward lean of 25%. The spreaders are all wooden dowels but could easily be re-fitted with fiberglass if desired.

Brown has never built another Extended Wing Cody using the same color scheme and never will. This kite is a true one of a kind -and the very first of its kind. He is reluctant to say that this kite is about 10 years old because he feels it will slow the bidding. Believe me, it is in pristine condition and ready to fly, or show off.

The owner of this kite is Rick Talbott (“uNDERLEAF” on the forums) and he will be giving all proceeds to the AOK Associated Oregon Kiters.

Bids (U.S. dollars) and questions should be directed to “uNDERLEAF”. The current high bid will be posted periodically by the seller.

This Auction will end Feb 05 and the winner will be announced at the AOK annual meeting in Wilsonville, Or.

Rising Sun Cody Auction

an Image of the kite is available on the KITE CLUBS button on this Forum.

CURRENT BID IS AT $200 !

• 9 months later...

Cody, Cody, Cody, Cody. There, no one had said Cody for a while. :)

Will there be a new cody up for auction?

Cody guy, I couldn't find the Dragon/Cody picture, or I would have posted it here. So, how many Rev's do you see in the picture? It's my old AKA Trading Card. I was the wild card of the set. :P

BB

Penny

post-61-1132366639_thumb.jpg