KiteLife Forum

DuPont Teflon Dry, Wax Lub.

Yeah...Yeah...I know I've been away for awhile!! (Jeepster & John, & many others...it was great meeting you all at TISKC---I really had a great time!! And JYNX is really sexy!! heehee!!)

Anyway, I've been away long enough to almost wear out one of my quad line sets. (There was no break in flying!) So, what I did was to clean it off with water as best I could to get all the dirt and sand off it and I strung it out to dry. Then I wound it back up and drenched it with "DuPont Teflon Multi-use Dry, Wax Lubricant" and streched it out again. Then I took my cat and ran him back and forth along the entire length of the line a few times.....just kidding....I used a DuPont socked cloth and then I left that dry real good. The results were reall good and greatly improved line from what it was. I've been flying with it for awhile and it seems to be holding up well too!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

• 3 weeks later...

For this sort of thing, you might also try SailKote. I got mine from Jamestown Distributors, but plenty of people carry it.

Note that the solvent is nasty stuff and highly flammable, so apply it in a well-ventilated area and keep flame away until it is dry.

It dries extremely fast (In seconds), so you might want to string the lines up like a clothes-line and spray with one hand and follow with the "smoothing" rag with the other. (Or two people, working together.)

People also use this to waterproof their sails (both kite and sailboat). Makes them very slippery, too. Read all the instructions carefully -- twice.