76 °F (24 °C)

Humidity: 67 %

Wind Speed: SE 14 MPH

Barometer: 30.03" (1017.0 mb)

Dewpoint: 64 °F (18 °C)

Heat Index: 78 °F (26 °C)

Visibility: 10.00 mi

I won't complain today!!

But, remember you have all your "IKE" friends to talk to and fly with...Kitelife is all I have...and about my only contact with the outside kitting world!!!! heehee!! (Of course I talk to Dee Dee, Goldilocks, Elvira, Windy, Sundancer, Destiny, Serenity, and Wild Fire....but, they don't always talk with me!) ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

The closest IKE friend is 80 miles away. Most of us end up driving 1-1/2 to 2 hours to fly together. Three hours if it's up around Chicago.

The weather stats on my home meter right now are:

Temp 19 °F

Humidity: 94 %

Wind Speed: N 25 MPH

Barometer: 29.77"

Dewpoint: 19 °F

Chill Index: 6 °F

Visibility: 200 feet

The weather forecast is for two feet of snow tonight ... we're well on our way already. The only flying I'll be doing is in my dreams!

Frozen,

Tom

YIKES!! Frozen Tom!!

What's 19 degrees like ?!?!

200' Visibility....hell, I've got a line set that would put my dual liner out of sight!! heehee!!

OK....I'll stop complaining...(but, heat index of 78' today was a tad warm!! heehee!!)

But, look on the bright side...you've got a lot of wind!! ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

... What's 19 degrees like ?!?! ...

Actually it's not bad ... at least it isn't a minus 19 degrees.

Cheers,

Tom

I don't even have my refrigerator freezer set at those temps.! heehee!!

Now I know why you are inside sewing your own kites!! Do you have a kite project in the works now? (You might want to answer that in the "OPEN TOPIC" and I'll pick up there.)

During the summers down here in Fl. I think about getting into a kite making project...but, I'm just afraid of our sewing machine, (that I don't know the first thing about how to us.) ;)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Flying this Sat Feb 4. at Reeds lake in Michigan near Grand Rapids for Mackites annuall Ice fly. Bringing my hypnotist a snapshot 1.2 and my hq apex 2 10m for snowkiting..

Hi cgregurich73,

Make sure to take some pictures and post them for us!!

And is Jeepster invited...he's been complaining a lot lately!! heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Flying this Sat Feb 4. at Reeds lake in Michigan near Grand Rapids for Mackites annuall Ice fly. Bringing my hypnotist a snapshot 1.2 and my hq apex 2 10m for snowkiting..

Please do post some pictures of the Ice Fly and a review. We talked about going to it this year, but I'm a little under the weather so will have to wait till next year. Revs and SLKs are what I'm interested in hearing about.

Cheers,

Tom

Please do post some pictures of the Ice Fly and a review. We talked about going to it this year, but I'm a little under the weather so will have to wait till next year. Revs and SLKs are what I'm interested in hearing about.

Cheers,

Tom

Yeah i plan on taking pics this weekend I live in Lansing and there is hardly know kiters around here there is a group in kalamazoo I think im going to have to fly with this year so about a hr drive.. i dont fly any slk's i probably should though mostly dual sport, Quads, and foils Love foils. I want to purchase a rev have not caught the rev fever yet.

... I live in Lansing and there is hardly know kiters around here there is a group in kalamazoo I think im going to have to fly with this year so about a hr drive.. i dont fly any slk's i probably should though mostly dual sport, Quads, and foils Love foils. I want to purchase a rev have not caught the rev fever yet.

Have you contacted Dave Bush yet. Dave is the AKA regional director for your area. He has a good handle on who is where, etc. --Pete over on the Rev forum lives in Homer and flies Revs and flex foils. DarrylW over on kitebuilder.com flies large show kites. Popeye, from kitebuilder.com, also lives in Brighton. Any of those guys might be able to put you on to someone close to Lansing.

I found all the folks (both of them) in my area who fly kites by flying in the front yard of a church along a major highway. They both saw me and simply couldn't help but stop and talk about kites ...

If you make plans on going to the Grand Haven kite fest in May you'll get a chance to meet lots of folks in lower Michigan. Oh yes, call Jon or Marieanne Trennepohl at Sky Burner Products in Plymouth, Mi ... Jon participates in a once a week flying get together for folks a little further east than you live.

Cheers,

Tom

... --Pete over on the Rev forum lives in Homer and flies Revs and flex foils....

Actually I live near Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, and now I'm on KiteLife as well.

If you (cgregurich73) or anyone else is in the area (on a day when it isn't 6F) I'd consider doing a bit of flying. It's been a while for me, so it would take a bit of searching to dig out the wherewithal for anything but my two new Revs.

... --Pete over on the Rev forum lives in Homer and flies Revs and flex foils....

Actually I live near Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, and now I'm on KiteLife as well.

If you (cgregurich73) or anyone else is in the area (on a day when it isn't 6F) I'd consider doing a bit of flying. It's been a while for me, so it would take a bit of searching to dig out the wherewithal for anything but my two new Revs.

--Pete,

Yep, my mistake ... but then, you already knew that!!! Sorry for trying to move you.

Cheers,

Tom

Hey out there, I think this is a very good way for newbez to see what others are doing and where they are doing it. I do not have an opinion about wheather this is the easist or best place for this to happen,, me being new to both rev and kitelife forums, but I dig the info and the friendly comments to one another GOOD INFORMATION for us newbez . Now if I can just figure out how to down load some of the tutolial videos I will be happier. Keep up the good work ||jimt

Hey out there, I think this is a very good way for newbez to see what others are doing and where they are doing it. I do not have an opinion about wheather this is the easist or best place for this to happen,, me being new to both rev and kitelife forums, but I dig the info and the friendly comments to one another GOOD INFORMATION for us newbez . Now if I can just figure out how to down load some of the tutolial videos I will be happier. Keep up the good work ||jimt

Hi "jimt",

Glad you are here! I've been here for a while and I don't know how to down load things yet. I think my computer needs something it doesn't have or something...but, others (who know what they are doing) will come to your aid for sure.

Matter of fact, today I just noticed that at the top of this page, just below "MAIN PAGE" on the left is a "click-on" thing that says, "KL@You Tube" ....I didn't know that was there...it could have been there for a year or two and I just noticed it?!?! But, it's really cool and I can get to videos now that are on You Tube!

Sorry I can't be of more help, but "those that know" will be here soon!! heehee!!

Flying in the rain...I haven't done that yet...I usually run when things get threating! Next time I think I'll stay put and try flying in the rain, just to experience it!!

Keep It Up!

Duane