KiteLife Forum

Royal Palm Beach, FL.

Guru4tru

I flew for about 3 hours...till the wind stopped, but it was a nice day, sunny and in the low 70s. I fly at the Acreage Community Park, incase anyone is in the area. I flew my STD JB PRO that I just got last week...I really love it.

Things were a bit different, since I spoke with a few other Lone Flyers...talking with them sort of took the edge off the aloneness.

"Just because you can't see them, doesn't mean they aren't there!!" (Sort of a spiritual connection of sorts.)

Another thought also crossed my mind,

"Keep flying and they will come!!" heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Oh man, sunny and 70... Enjoy it twice, eh?

Once for you, and once for me. ;)

Come on down anytime!

OK, Mr. Sunny & 70...

I'm planning to head out tomorrow and take advantage of our tropical forcast of sunny & high of 35. Winds forcast to be out of the north-northwest 3-10mph. Sounds like a 3-4 hour session in the making...

Glad you found some people to fly with... were they flying anything good ?

Flying alone isn't so bad, BTW... you get alot more flying done, and it's nice and peaceful with just the sound of the wind, waves, and birds. Believe me, after being stuck in the house with a 2 & 3 year old... it's just bliss !

Are you on the east or west coast of FLA ? Planning a trip down there to visit family south of Tampa soon...

~Rob.

35 degrees is too cold for me, but I suppose if that's all I had...I'd go out and fly in it...."We've gotta do, what we've gotta do!" heehee!!

I live about 20 miles west of West Palm Beach, which is on the "east" side of Florida. You might want to contact Sherri & Steve at sunsetflyers@msn.com ...there over on the "west" side, they could probably tell you what's going on in that area.

The Treasure Island Kite Festival (TISKC) was over there 2 weeks ago. Too bad you weren't coming down here then. I had a great time and even got to meet (our's truly) JB & TK. They were great, as were all the people I met. I even asked them if I could have my picture taken with them and they were more then happy to do it!! I'm going to have it framed and put in my Kite Room! heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hey Rob, I can surely relate to that sunny & 35F & 3-10 mph, here in NC. We just don't have the snow cover to deal with, that you have up there, during the winter. That Guru4tru (Duane) has just got it made down there in South Florida, he just doesn't want to admit it. Can you imagine being right there near the beach, and having that 70F+, all year round. Man, what a life...............now he does have it kinda rough, during the middle of the summer, but still, I will always pick the extreme hot, over the extreme cold, to fly in...............I hate winter !!

This is my idea of a flight deck.........

Yes, the flying is 100% rookie (1.5 B-series full-vent) I'm still learning, but just check out the flight deck !!!

And yes, that's an SLE, in the photos, below, same flight deck, same rookie, different rev !

post-4670-066200500 1296343059_thumb.jpg

post-4670-058440400 1296343081_thumb.jpg

post-4670-086082500 1296343161_thumb.jpg

post-4670-013833800 1296343192_thumb.jpg

post-4670-037278900 1296343297_thumb.jpg

post-4670-027126300 1296343864_thumb.jpg

Once for you, and once for me. :)

Come on down anytime!

OK, Mr. Sunny & 70...

I'm planning to head out tomorrow and take advantage of our tropical forcast of sunny & high of 35. Winds forcast to be out of the north-northwest 3-10mph. Sounds like a 3-4 hour session in the making...

Well, we are having a beautiful Sunday, here in NC, today. It's not quite Sunny & 70, but would you take, Sunny & 62. Sounds great, right ? Unfortunately, the winds are a blistering, "0" mph ! Yep "Z E R O"................. ;)

Once for you, and once for me. :)

Come on down anytime!

OK, Mr. Sunny & 70...

Well, we are having a beautiful Sunday, here in NC, today. It's not quite Sunny & 70, but would you take, Sunny & 62. Sounds great, right ? Unfortunately, the winds are a blistering, "0" mph ! Yep "Z E R O"................. ;)

Oh, you guys... anything over 50 degrees is bliss, short sleeves weather. Those pictures & video of Jockey's Ridge look like a great place to fly, but the winds look really high. 0mph must have been a welcome break. I have a few kites that fly in 0mph, and they rarely make it out of the bag... but when they do, wow, what fun.

I flew in beautiful sunshine today, 38 degrees. I was sweating my tail off ! They key is wearing all black, and a few layers. I brought gloves, didn't even need them. Oh, the winds were 5-15mph over the 3 hour session. I'm more for the 5mph stuff, especially because my favorite vent is in the shop, and I only had standards in the bag today. I'll post some videos once they copy off the camera...