KiteLife Forum

"WATER SPORT" (relocated)

Guru4tru

(I'm relocating the "Water Sport" thread here as to not step on Traveller's "Quad Head--Train" great post.)

=======================

(fanfare please) DA-DADADA-dada-DA_DA_Da-DA-DA!!

Duane’s “WATER SPORT” Show & Tell!

Well, when “Elvira” (blk.rainbow mid-vent) heard that she was going to play in a church’s pond…she refused to go! (…and stormed off mumbled something about being “Baptized in Holy Water” and that I was trying to kill her…or something!!) But, that was good because there was barely enough wind to keep “Lucy” (std pro fade) in the air.

Check It Out!

And "Mel" says, "Hi!"

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Also had some video but couldn't get it posted.

Thanks for the Applause!! :wacko:

It really was FUN!! Really a different experience flying in water!!

If anyone hasn't tried it they certainly should...as soon as the ice melts!! heehee!! (Yeah...a little sunburn again!! heehee!!)

==

As for Mel (the cat) He jumped in my truck a few weeks ago and I put him up in Sundancer (Skyform60-Gomberg Kite) with seat belts of course...but since then he won't go near my truck...so I think "water sports" are out for him! heehee!!

Keep It Up!

Duane

The first funny thing I saw was the clump of seaweed (or pond weed) on your bridle. It's funny when that stuff takes a ride, and falls off in flight... as long as you don't catch too much.

The next thing I saw that was odd was in the last picture... you're running the hose, but the cat's still in the picture and not running away. The only thing you'd see of my cats would be a poof of dust & fur where they were sitting...

Nice pictures... it will be a while before I attempt water flying with a quad (on purpose...)

~Rob.

I always like dipping my kite into a pond or fountain, then going and hovering over some innocent bystander... <grin>

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

Even better if they're trapped in a boat with nowhere to run.

Oh yeah! :D

That's Funny!!

When MrDenny was teaching me how to fly with someone else in the air..."him"...when people on the beach would be within range he'd yell...""VICTIMS!!"" and fly off to harrass them!! heehee!! :D

Everything "BAD" I ever learned about kiting I learned from MrDenny...except for the "DRIPPING"...Now everything BAD I learned in kiting I learned from MrDenny & You!! heehee!! :kid_devlish::kid_devlish:

Keep It Up!

Duane

I always like dipping my kite into a pond or fountain, then going and hovering over some innocent bystander... <grin>

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

Oh yeah! :kid_devlish:

Hey John How does that compare to stealing (oops) borrowing bikini tops??? :D

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

*DRIP*

Oh yeah! :D

Hey John How does that compare to stealing (oops) borrowing bikini tops??? :kid_devlish:

Yes!! Yes!! Hi "stroke victim" (no wonder you had a stroke!! heehee!!)

Tell me about it!! (This is the Dark Side of things & Bad Boys [gals] Club) So...have at it!! I'm all ears!! heehee!! :D:kid_devlish:

(And do you have video!! heehee!!)

Keep It Up!

Duane

I flew at Venice Beach sometimes back when I lived in L.A. (age 19), and some of the ladies would take off their tops to sunbathe.

Well, I had a little hook on my wingtip... 'Nuff said. :kid_devlish:

Grandma always said I can look as long as I don't touch... hmmmmmm... is a hook on the wing touching?... :D