KiteLife Forum

I Flew Inland Today...

RobB

There are two reasons that I choose to fly inland... to escape the beach crowd in the summer, and to escape 20mph+ winds whenever they come up. I head to a spot on the Island that is actually the geographic high point (all ~300 something feet !). There is a nice grass field that could support a number of fliers at the same time... too bad there aren't enough people on Long Island that fly to fill it.

So, what did I fly today ? It was a high wind day, so I had my high wind kites out. The new vented Rev (I have to get shorter lines, 120s are too long...) a Prism Alien (double axel machine) and the Fearless vented light (wind range of 3-30mph, works great when the wind lulls...)

Notice the lack of snow ! No worries... just got a fresh batch tonite ! :D

post-786-0-38839700-1298283335_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-28831600-1298283343_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-59226800-1298283350_thumb.jpg

I have nothing against Prism kites, have a couple in my bag that still get let out to play.

However, that Alien looks well ugly next to the Fearless, or is it just flexing itself to try to lok good?

As for that quad line thingy, rock on. :D

I have nothing against Prism kites, have a couple in my bag that still get let out to play.

However, that Alien looks well ugly next to the Fearless, or is it just flexing itself to try to lok good?

As for that quad line thingy, rock on. :D

The Alien is what it is... a weird kite... I have 2, and they both have that same crazy bend to the LE. But, the light pull in 20mph winds is what I was looking for, my arms were tired after flying the Rev for an hour.

Here's the same field, one day later... much better wind, though !

~Rob.

post-786-0-77958200-1298330606_thumb.jpg

Hi SV. Got a periscope, broadband, electric, water n stuff. Most important, got a nice pot bellied stove, and a great big pile of wood to burn. Oh yes, and a Mrs Baloo to cuddle up to when it gets real cold.

Like your vid btw Must, wish I could do some of those tricks, got a mid vent myself, just fly it round the sky. On the odd occasion I can get someoe to fly it who knws how to trick it I just stand back and watch. Forced JB to fly it on One occasion. (took a LOT of forcing :D )

Also pleased to say I met Lam for a couple of Hours, he was pretty busy getting dragged arond by his SD in 50+ MPH winds, and stil tricking it (a bit)

Hi SV. Got a periscope, broadband, electric, water n stuff. Most important, got a nice pot bellied stove, and a great big pile of wood to burn. Oh yes, and a Mrs Baloo to cuddle up to when it gets real cold.

Like your vid btw Must, wish I could do some of those tricks, got a mid vent myself, just fly it round the sky. On the odd occasion I can get someoe to fly it who knws how to trick it I just stand back and watch. Forced JB to fly it on One occasion. (took a LOT of forcing :kid_devlish: )

Also pleased to say I met Lam for a couple of Hours, he was pretty busy getting dragged arond by his SD in 50+ MPH winds, and stil tricking it (a bit)

So definitely all the comforts of home!!! Wouldn't want a bear to suffer all winter long!!!:kid_devlish: Ever get a break in the weather to get some flying in??:D