KiteLife Forum

diamond kite train

Darkhouse

I hate to see this remain unanswered. Diamonds are hard to "train" because the proper place to attach the train lines is not a good place to hook up to.

People going for altitude records often tie a long leader from each intermediate kite to the main flight line, but this is not generally considered a train.

If the intermediate kites are not actually flying (lifting), I have seen rigs where the main line just goes through at the intersection of the spars, with a larger top kite doing all the lifting.

None of these seems to be what you are asking for, however.

well my plan backfired anyways.

I had 4 diamonds attached to each other with 50lb test between, a wind gust pulled 3 of 4 off and put them about 500yards out in the lake. wont be flying like that again.

I do like diamonds for altitude flying

I hate to see this remain unanswered. Diamonds are hard to "train" because the proper place to attach the train lines is not a good place to hook up to.

People going for altitude records often tie a long leader from each intermediate kite to the main flight line, but this is not generally considered a train.

If the intermediate kites are not actually flying (lifting), I have seen rigs where the main line just goes through at the intersection of the spars, with a larger top kite doing all the lifting.

None of these seems to be what you are asking for, however.