KiteLife Forum

John in Tijuana!

Guru4tru

Hey...This IS "OFF TOPIC" and John lets me slide a little here...SO...you can cut me some slack too!! heehee!

John is having some dental work done from the 20th of May to June 5th, a south of the boarder thing, so to speak, in Tijuana! heehee!

I'm going to be holding him in my thoughts during that time and I would like others to join me with it, if they so desire. "Thoughts" have been scientifically proven to change things. (Check out this babe's stuff http://www.amazon.com/Lynne-McTaggart/e/B000APUJYM/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1 ).

The thing is, if you want to help, THEN imagine him happy, pain free, and maybe out flying a kite. Do not think about what he is going through...or poor john I feel so sorry for him...because that only holds him in "IT" (that's the problem with prayer groups...they usually always make the conditions worse by think about how sick someone is). Just imagine him happy and having a "blast" in Tijuana and a great and restful ride home with TK!

Mark it on your calendar...Thanks,

Keep It Up!

Duane

EDIT: (prompted by an e-mail) Yeah...That's Right!! Raise a glass to John during that time...Smile and Laugh...have a party with John in mind! Do everything you were taught...not to do! Celebration has Positive Power!

No, no. He's on the road during those dates, including a pass through TJ. I expect to see him in Grand Haven, MI May 20-22.

But by all means, think good thoughts for John when he goes in for dental work toward the end of his road trip.

John is having some dental work done from the 20th of May to June 5th, a south of the boarder thing, so to speak, in Tijuana! heehee!

17 days worth of dental work ! Yikes ! That makes me hurt ! :blue-confused:

Good Luck John............

Don't think it'll last that long,,,,,,,,,,confused_1.gif!! Best wishes and we should see you in Rockaway!!smile.gif

Thanks for the kindness everyone. :blue-confused:

No Grand Haven for TK and I this year, indeed, we'll be driving down to Tijuana over that 2-day weekend...

We'll be down there during the following M-F getting worked on, then spend the weekend recuperating in San Diego with some rest, local flying, Rev factory, Sea World, etc.

After that, a leisurely 5-6 day drive back up the coast via 101, camping, flying, visiting friends, etc. :kid_loved:

==

If all goes as planned, just one more round of dental work, a few months from now.

Dental work aside... sounds like an awesome trip ! It's been over 20 years since I've driven on the coast highway. What a beautiful ride that is !

Wish you the best on the dental work, and hope you guys find some great places to fly along the way...

~Rob.

... No Grand Haven for TK and I this year, ...

Good luck on your dental work. Personally, I take pain medicine to get my haircut!

Just checked and don't see a list of iquad members on your website for Grand Haven. Who's coming?

Cheers,

Tom

... The members are listed, updated about a week ago... ...

One of these days I've got to take the time to learn to read ... saw the Grand Haven title, but didn't see any names "right" below it. Just had to jump over the line and there was the info.

Thanks,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

It's all good. :ani_yahoo:

OK...John is heading to Tijuana for some dental work...I never heard of a doctor working on a weekend, so Monday will probably be the time to start "Imagining" him out flying a kite and having a blast!! Remember to "actually smile" every time you think of him...and raise a glass to his happiness and fun!! :)

Keep It Up!

Duane

Thank you Duane. :kid_smartass:

I'm having the work done Mon/Tue/Wed, Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun to recuperate and relax in San Diego, stopping in to see the folks at Rev...

Then we're off, up the coast via 101, camping, flying, exploring, playing. B)

Hey John....You still with us?!?!

Keep It Up!

Duane

YES INDEEDY!

Been picking and choosing my Internet activity, been all through the iPhone up until now.

Got the laptop up this morning, and catching up on forums, etc.

I forget not everyone is following my daily updates on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/barresij

==

Thanks all for the positive energy, warms my heart, and my jaws. :kid_smartass:

I'm doing well, seem to be on an efficient road to recovery.

Right, back in the office now... No pain, feeling pretty good, other than being tired from the 12 hour drive yesterday and a TON of email, etc to catch up on. :revonhead:

I had two implant posts removed (titanium) from my previous dentist in TJ, then the new dentist added two new implants (zirconium) in more suitable locations, as well as a temporary bridge.

Full body lymphatic massage before-hand, vitamin C in my IV drip during sedation... No antibiotics or painkillers, just a few advil each of the 3 days following surgery. :dual:

3-4 more months, I go back to have the temporary stuff removed and permanents put in... Then, it's STEAK time! <GRIN>

Thanks for your support everybody... Thanks especially to my lovely wife, for kicking me in the ass to get this done. :)

• Like 1

Thanks especially to my lovely wife, for kicking me in the ass to get this done. :dual:

Yeah, they are good about stuff like that..........somebody's got to keep you in line ! :revonhead:

+1 (and another +1 to emphasize this; speaking from personal experience)

Thanks especially to my lovely wife, for kicking me in the ass to get this done. :clap;

Yeah, they are good about stuff like that..........somebody's got to keep you in line ! :dual:

+1 (and another +1 to emphasize this; speaking from personal experience)

Yeah...Yeah...Yeah...Keep giving in...it's a slippery slope!....And then they change your diet to healther stuff...and then they bug you about smoking...and then you are drinking to much...and then they try to get you to go to church...and then they lose interest in sex...and then when they have you made to their perfection, in their little cage, then they wonder why they were even interested in you in the first place! heehee!

And we just keep going along with all this :) ...until they say,

"You are spending too much time flying your kites!" Then the marriage ends! heehee!

:revonhead:

Keep It Up!

Duane