KiteLife Forum

Jockey's Ridge State Park - Nags Head, NC

Today, yesterday, and Saturday, I flew up on Jockey's Ridge, located on the Outer Banks (OBX) of North Carolina, in the town of Nags Head (a village that drinks a lot & has a fishing problem). The winds have been out of the West & Southwest all week, yielding a beautiful view of the ocean, from the top of the dune. It's been quite warm, but the wind each day has been 8 - 10 mph in the mornings, bumping up to 12 - 16 in the afternoons..... Great flying for the vented kites, and for zipping around with the Rev II. I had to fly the Red White & Blue Rev II today, in honor of all our veterans, and for Memorial Day. All in all, the weather so far this week, has been perfect, and is predicted to remain that way, through the entire week.

Cheers everyone........................It's nearly 5 o'clock, soooooooooooooooo.....:):big_beer: :big_beer:

http://www.kitemap.org/site-details?id=77&sname=Jockey's%20Ridge%20State%20Park

I flew today, and yesterday, and Saturday, up on Jockey's Ridge, located on the Outer Banks (OBX), of North Carolina, in the town of Nags Head.. The winds have been out of the West & Southwest all week, yielding a beautiful view of the ocean, from up top. It's been quite warm, but the wind each day has been 8 - 10 mph in the mornings, bumping up to 12 - 16 in the afternoons..... Great flying for the vented kites, and for the Rev II. I had to fly the Red White & Blue Rev II today, in honor of all our veterans, and Memorial Day. All in all, the weather so far this week, has been perfect, and is predicted to remain that way, through the entire week.

Cheers everyone........................It's nearly 5 o'clock, soooooooooooooooo.....:big_beer: :big_beer: :big_beer:

Hi Nick,

Jockey Ridge sounds great! I've gotta get up there sometime!!

We want pictures!! :) We want pictures!!

Keep It Up!

Duane