KiteLife Forum

County Pines Rec Complex

Guru4tru

Training day at County Pines Rec. Complex!

Nice day, check out the sky, and an east wind at about 15 mph for most of the time, then it started to slack off later on.

The set up...I like to be somewhat comfortable! (Wife Rhonda waving!) heehee!

I started teaching from the beginning...single liner (Gomberg SKYFORM60)!

Then we moved to "Elivra", a mid-vent Blk. Rainbow Rev. (I found it to be better to teach the Rev. before the dual liners. If I put the dualie first then they will be jerking the Rev. all over the place later.)

Then we moved to the dualie. I teach with a Prism Quantum...because of the shock absorber it's almost indestructible (although, I've broken a few spars on it! heehee!)

Then, we just had a free for all changing kites around with each other. (Nice Sky!)

Then we we rested and "saw that all things are Good!!" heehee!

Keep It Up!

Duane

PS Hey JYNX...the guy with the motorcycle, that I taught today, he's 64 and single! heehee!

Nice photo-essay. Nice day. Nice thing to do!

Thanks Pete,

So, when are you coming to South Florida to teach me! heehee!

Keep It Up!

Duane

I suspect that you would be teaching me.

And the answer is: when you can promise 68 degrees, low humidity, low-angle sun, and good breezes. I suspect that the last item is the only easy condition.

OTOH, my Eva's two boys live in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, so I might just be tempted into a trip one of these days.

Nice photo-essay. Nice day. Nice thing to do!

Thanks Pete,

So, when are you coming to South Florida to teach me! heehee!

Keep It Up!

Duane

I suspect that you would be teaching me.

And the answer is: when you can promise 68 degrees, low humidity, low-angle sun, and good breezes. I suspect that the last item is the only easy condition.

OTOH, my Eva's two boys live in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, so I might just be tempted into a trip one of these days.

Hummm....Well, we just moved into hurrican season (on John's birthday--I wonder if there is a relationship there) and summer is here for a long time...and if you can let up a little on the "low humidity" and make it a "maybe" instead of a "promise"...You can plan for around "Thanksgiving"! heehee!

And Jynx...I'm so happy I could be of help!! And no "thanks" are necessary...That's what friends are for!! heehee!

Keep It Up!

Duane

I tend to think the first week in January (when native Floridians are wearing down coats) as a suitable time to visit Florida. That is also about the time when the sun is lowest in the sky.

You have to understand, in Michigan, where it does get cold sometimes, I generally wear a coat or jacket only about 3 or 4 days a year. (I do wear long-sleeved cotton shirts from Nov. to Feb.) I REALLY like cold weather.