KiteLife Forum

Stacking two revs

Racer76g

Hi, i was wondering if when you buy stacking lines, could you take them on and off or must they stay on the kite all the time. Also, would it be possible if you can take the stack lines off could you pair a b-pro with a 1.5 sle

Yes, no, yes and yes. :)

Yes, you can put them on or take them off at any time. It is super simple, just larks head the stack lines right through the holes in the end of the end caps. They go on and come off in seconds.

No, you don't have to leave them on all the time and yes you can remove them when you want without effecting any of the kites in any way.

Yes, you can stack multiple kites together. The progressive stack uses a Rev 1 in the back, a Rev 1.5 (or B-series or EXP) in the middle and a Rev II (Or B2) in the front. All of the 1.5 series kites are almost identical in size so stacking an EXP, 1.5 or a B-Series would look very uniform and other than the panel layout, they would look like the same kites.

Hope that helps.

Not quite so sure about that One, you could try it both ways round and see which you like best.

One thing though, put the strongest rods in the front kite.

So if the SLE has SLE spars in it then that should probably go in the front (nearest the flyer)

Not quite so sure about that One, you could try it both ways round and see which you like best.

One thing though, put the strongest rods in the front kite.

So if the SLE has SLE spars in it then that should probably go in the front (nearest the flyer)

ok, thank you. will try that

Stacks are good fun to fly, I have stacked Rev 1's, 1.5's and 2's. Not sure with just 2 kites in the stack, however you might want to shorten the bottom lines just a bt to make them fly well.

Oh and it is difficult to mske them stable in a hover, the ack kit tends to wobble a bit. Ad whe you are flying, fly the back kite, not he front One.

Also be ready for them to make quite a bit of power if the wind picks up. Even with only 2 in he stack.

Go for it and let us all know how you get on.

Three wrap frame will be fine for 2 or 3 kites, but if you are going to stack more than that or fly them in winds above 10 mph, you may want to upgrade the front kite to a 4 wrap or SLE. If stacking more than 4 or 5 Revs, give me a call and we can get you some custom wraps that are stronger for your stack.

• 1 month later...

What is a normal amount of space between stacked kites? I have some extra bridle line just calling me to be used for this....

The factory lines for the Rev 1.5 are advertised as 4.5 foot. I've had good luck with cutting 60 inch lengths and then looping and tying them off ... close enough to 4.5 feet for government work!!

Do post pictures of the results.

Cheers,

Tom

Stacking sounds like fun. Someday if and when I manage enough money, I'd like to do this.

A Wind of Change sells the stacking lines for $12 ... you've got two 1.5 REVs ... go for it!!!!

Daytona Dave has small pigtails on the three REVs he flies all the time. He simply places them full vent first and full sail last, larks heads the stacking lines to the pigtails, leaves all the bridles in place, and goes flying. Very simple approach and quite fun.

Cheers,

Tom

um, Tom .... it's Dayton (OH), not Daytona.

Stacks are really neat to fly. In a steady wind I'm able to do bicycles turns, drag the tips in water, and fly reverse circles. :kid_content:

My 3-stack can easily be split up so that I can fly any one kite as a solo as needed. I have a mid-vent for the #2 kite and use 3-wrap frames in all kites. My link lines are now set to 4'8".

When you go 3 kites or more in the stack, the last kite needs to "lean back" a bit more than the rest. The last kite can get a bit crazy if it does not lean back. In my set-up, I have longer pigtails (about 1-1/2" longer) on the last kite at the top bridle points. This allows all of the link lines to be the same length.

I'm still tweeking the center link lines. I could use any tips/info for those connections.

David

um, Tom .... it's Dayton (OH), not Daytona.

1) Well, as much as you drive to get to club flys and festivals, it should be Daytona.

2) I said Dayton, it's just my Midwest accent that showed up in the keystrokes as Daytona.

3) It's Ohio, it could use a little dressing up!!!!

4) Don't you hate that about spell checker? It's not as smart as it thinks it is.

5) Your wife hasn't told you the news yet?

6) Sorry ...

Cheers,

Tom

I had a chance to make up some lines for stacking and here are some pics of my first time putting it all together over the weekend. I started with just two but made up a set for three and since two went so well, I went ahead and hooked up my entire B-Series set. What a blast! I used my vented, mid vent and standard in that order, from front to back. It worked perfectly, and boy, did that ever pull hard! I'm working on a video that I'll have to post later....

2011_07_24_054.jpg

2011_07_24_076.jpg

2011_07_24_077.jpg

2011_07_24_105.jpg

2011_07_24_144.jpg