KiteLife Forum

Vented B2 package (7/10/11)

John Barresi

The winner is...

Number....

Congratulations to #178, Brian Bevins! ;)

Hey John,

No problems, just curious.........but what's up with "Number 8-4-7, then, 1-7-8 wins confused_1.gif

ps...........congrats Brian..........hope this gets you back to flying..........that's a great kite ! :lol:

Yeah...That's what I said too!!

But, I think I figured it out......JB was just "TAUNTING US!!" to the very end...John has "NO MERCY!!"

===OK===What's next!?!?

Keep It Up!

Duane

The winner is...

Number....

Hey John,

No problems, just curious.........but what's up with "Number 8-4-7, then, 1-7-8 wins confused_1.gif

ps...........congrats Brian..........hope this gets you back to flying..........that's a great kite ! :lol:

I'd pulled #178 in the order shown...

746, 180, 178, 75 or 47

178 was still in my "general" subscriber list, so I started the post with their number, thinking they were the winner.

After cross-checking the master list and PayPal records (as I always do), I saw that it was actually a dead number.

Combine that with drawing late at night, and voila, missed some changes. :lol:

Brian is 847, 178 is an expired number, post amended accordingly. :lol:

The winner is...

Number....

Hey John,

746, 180, 178, 75 or 47

178 was still in my "general" subscriber list, so I started the post with their number, thinking they were the winner.

After cross-checking the master list and PayPal records (as I always do), I saw that it was actually a dead number.

Combine that with drawing late at night, and voila, missed some changes. :lol:

Brian is 847, 178 is an expired number, post amended accordingly. :lol:

John, what you just said doesn't make any sense to me, 847 wasn't even drawn then...but...never matter...I'm off to "Dogstaking" stuff!

Keep It Up!

Duane

The winner is...

[snip]

Congratulations to #847, Brian Bevins! ;)

Rock on Brian!!!

Wow! This is so cool I had to de-lurk on the forum just to say a great big thank you to John, Kitelife, and the nice folks at Revolution. And thank you also to those who offered congratulations and good flying wishes. What a great excuse for a first post! :lol:

I don't have a full vent or a Rev 2, plus my full sail B is purple, so this is perfect for me. I promise to give it a good home.

If anybody is down in Kitty Hawk for OBSKC this fall (as I hopefully will be) I'll share.

--Brian

• Like 1

The winner is...

[snip]

Congratulations to #847, Brian Bevins! ;)

Rock on Brian!!!

Wow! This is so cool I had to de-lurk on the forum just to say a great big thank you to John, Kitelife, and the nice folks at Revolution. And thank you also to those who offered congratulations and good flying wishes. What a great excuse for a first post! :lol:

I don't have a full vent or a Rev 2, plus my full sail B is purple, so this is perfect for me. I promise to give it a good home.

If anybody is down in Kitty Hawk for OBSKC this fall (as I hopefully will be) I'll share.

--Brian

Hey Brian...we know it will have a good home with you!!

My wife and I plan on going to the OBSKC this year and meeting up with "Nick" the "Reef Runner" and fly some kites (and beat him at a bag throwing game!) maybe we'll see each other then! Looking forward to it!

Keep It Up!

Duane

Wow! This is so cool I had to de-lurk on the forum just to say a great big thank you to John, Kitelife, and the nice folks at Revolution. And thank you also to those who offered congratulations and good flying wishes. What a great excuse for a first post! :)

--Brian

Hey Brian,

I'll be at the Outer Banks (Jockey's Ridge) MP 12.5, in a couple of weeks. Shoot me a PM, during the week of July 23 to July 30. I also got a new B2 (std sail). Maybe we can hook up and fly together, up on the hill.....................nick

Hey Brian,

I'll be at the Outer Banks (Jockey's Ridge) MP 12.5, in a couple of weeks. Shoot me a PM, during the week of July 23 to July 30. I also got a new B2 (std sail). Maybe we can hook up and fly together, up on the hill.....................nick

Hi Nick,

That sounds great. I learned to fly on Jockey's Ridge and It's still one of my favorite spots. Alas, that week covers both my daughter's fourth birthday and my wedding anniversary, so trekking down to the OBX is out I'm afraid. My wife's not a kite addict yet....

I was down there just last month with a buddy for the Rogallo Kite Festival up on the ridge. The wind was crazy on Sunday, but I got to fly a beautiful hand-made Tirips weave and waste too much of Elliot's time up at Flying Smiles Kites in Corolla. :)

Hope to see you down there some other time.

--Brian

Congrats again Brian! I got your email, will respond today... Thanks! :)

746, 180, 178, 75 or 47

Brian is 847, 178 is an expired number, post amended accordingly. :)

John, what you just said doesn't make any sense to me, 847 wasn't even drawn then...but...never matter...I'm off to "Dogstaking" stuff!

You brought it up, I'm not going to leave it hanging at that.

It's pretty clear... Time line, from the one-off randomly generated list of all issued (active and inactive) subscription numbers in random order:

1. 746, expired.
  2. 180, expired.
  3. 178, my "casual" record (saved emails) showed this as active, so I had actually gone ahead and written the post draft... Then as I always do, I double checked in my master list and PayPal only to find that the number was actually expired.
  4. 75, expired.
  5. 47, expired.
  6. 847, voila, Brian wins so I edited and posted the message draft to reflect the correct winning number, and totally forgot to update the single column version:

So, I went back and corrected it for posterity.

That's it, simple math... If there's any contention, well, thanks anyway. :)

Please pardon my sensitivity to doubt in the process...

I'm on top of it (obviously), but also wanted to express my feelings.

Ultimately, thanks for catching the error. :kid_content:

Hey John,

I don't think anyone is doubting you, not at all. "You", understand the RNG, and your system, but maybe the rest of us don't, and that's NOT important. WE TRUST YOU !..............no problems :)

I hope I didn't imply mis-trust, and I hope you know bette ! As you always say, IT'S ALL GOOD, and IT'S ALL IN FUN.

Carry on............and thanks for all YOU do for ALL of US ! :kid_content:

Dear John,

As I brought up before (and was really hit personally hard on... ) will you "PLEASE" get this aspect of Kitelife out of your hands. You are far too important to us, and things here, to be having to be messing with the contest stuff!

Hell, I'll help to flip the damn bill on an outside agency handling that stuff, if you can't afford it...if...for no other reason then to have you attend to the more important things...like how do we can fly a these kites!!

"We can pick our friends, but not our family"...and "Kitelife" is "family"!

(So, let's make the best of it!)

With the deepest respect,

Keep It Up!

Duane

Hey Brian,

Hi Nick,

That sounds great. I learned to fly on Jockey's Ridge and It's still one of my favorite spots. Alas, that week covers both my daughter's fourth birthday and my wedding anniversary, so trekking down to the OBX is out I'm afraid. My wife's not a kite addict yet....

I was down there just last month with a buddy for the Rogallo Kite Festival up on the ridge. The wind was crazy on Sunday, but I got to fly a beautiful hand-made Tirips weave and waste too much of Elliot's time up at Flying Smiles Kites in Corolla. :)

Hope to see you down there some other time.

--Brian

Brian,

Sorry that time doesn't work out. Likewise, Jockey's Ridge is where I learned to fly. Maybe some other time. BTW, I was there, the week immediately before Rogolla, and not a Rev in sight.

As I brought up before (and was really hit personally hard on... http://kitelife.com/...-really-random/ ) will you "PLEASE" get this aspect of Kitelife out of your hands. You are far too important to us, and things here, to be having to be messing with the contest stuff!

Respectfully, no.

Nobody else here has voiced any concerns, history speaks for itself (as discussed in the link you quoted), you have NO actual indications that anything is wrong with with our drawing process.

You're most welcome, but I'm still the proprietor of a voluntary community, quit pulling at my threads.

Get on with the good stuff, no more of this particular issue.

If *anyone else* feels this warrants further discussion, I'll be happy to do so with an open mind, in a separate forum topic.

Thanks for the absolute support Nick. :)

Part of why I like doing the drawings myself is that I'm actually part of the process, not some impartial party who isn't excited by it.

In this case, I got a wonderful email reply from Brian (whom I'd never met or talked to before today)... I got to pull his name out of the hat, and made a friend in the process. :kid_content:

Thanks for the absolute support Nick. :)

Part of why I like doing the drawings myself is that I'm actually part of the process, not some impartial party who isn't excited by it.

In this case, I got a wonderful email reply from Brian (whom I'd never met or talked to before today)... I got to pull his name out of the hat, and made a friend in the process. :kid_content:

What do you mean thanking Nick (my brother) for his absolute support?!?! He's done nothing!!

I'm the guy who has stuck his neck out (several times) for you and risk, and somewhat ruined, my reputation in an attempt to get you to realize that the contest game is a loosing propositioned "IF" you don't distance yourself from your generosity.

It's just "Stupid"...but...I'm here for "FUN"...and you've here to "SURVIVAL" (no matter how much fun that might be)...so, have at it...it's your game!

Keep It Up!

Duane

... attempt to get you to realize that the contest game is a loosing propositioned "IF" you don't distance yourself from your generosity. ...

Duane,

As a friend, I suggest it's time you give up this argument/discussion. I personally would like John to be the individual drawing the number via his RNG. I suspect that the preponderance of members also support that position.

Regards,

Tom

• Like 1

... attempt to get you to realize that the contest game is a loosing propositioned "IF" you don't distance yourself from your generosity. ...

Duane,

As a friend, I suggest it's time you give up this argument/discussion. I personally would like John to be the individual drawing the number via his RNG. I suspect that the preponderance of members also support that position.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Jeepster.....

Yes...my dear..."family member"...I reluctantly agree with you under the circumstances. But, understand...no one does something for nothing! NO ONE!!

Remember...I'm here for "FUN" and my "FUN" here with "Kitelifes" depends on its survival and continual growth...I have always acted in my own best interest, although many times what I do is taken personally.

Keep It Up!

Duane

I take great care not to have anyone take what I do personally... That way, they're more likely to be receptive. :kid_content:

Even then, if they don't agree, I can't force their hand.

10 years I've been on this evolving course with Kitelife, I've learned a few things... 21 years in kiting, got a little experience there too.

You can't take just a couple years of cooking classes and then walk into a restaurant, tell the owner what he's doing is suspect and will lead to the place's demise without him throwing you out the door.

There's a track record here Duane... Kitelife is the only forum out of 3 that you've not been bumped out of... Every time you get bumped out of a place, all ears there become unavailable to you.

Better to caress the situation over time and maintain an influence, rather than stomp down the door and lose an entire audience. :)

Me, I'll take it on the chin because I love y'all (odd ducks and all), at least until something becomes destructive to the overall community enjoyment, then I gotta put my foot down.

So, I'm putting a close to this topic... Again, deepest congrats to Brian, deepest gratitude to ALL our subscribers, to Nick and Tom for their obvious faith, to Duane for being different and being here. :)