KiteLife Forum

"Kite Manufacturer's Day!!"

Guru4tru

Yes!! A National "Kite Manufacturer's Day!!"

(Let me note that “kite shops & kite sites” are included in this, but without the Mfgs. there would be no shops or sites possible!)

I’ve had a lot of discussions in the AKA and Kitelife about the pros and cons of the kiting world and many people have wished I was back down the “rabbit hole”. I have been “banned” from a forum for a while and some of my posts have been “deleted” in both forums because I have spoken my mind on these issues. But, I have learned a lot too in those discourses and have a better understanding of things than I did when I started. This is not to say that my opinions today are cast in concrete, because I’m still learning, but I have gained a better appreciation for the "kite manufacturers" and for my "Kite Flying".

There are things and people in our lives that are very important to us, but we often take them for granted. We don’t mean to, but it sometimes happens. That’s why we have days set aside to "remind us" of how important some people are to us. There’s Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Memorial Day, Veteran’s Day, Earth Day...just to name a few...and of course Groundhog Day! heehee!

There should really be a national “Kite Manufacturer’s Day”! Most people never even think about the Kite Manufacturers, they just go out and have fun! But yet, behind the scenes, there is a group of people who made their fun possible...a group that is hardly given a thought. They are the unseen warriors: designing the kite (which sometimes takes years and lots of talent & $$$ to do), working out the expensive and difficult legal processes of obtaining patents and trademarks, setting up production facilities and hiring good people to run and work in them, getting the kite out on the market through promotional work and sales and customer relations...and then...going to court and fighting all the basta-ds that are trying to copy their work and steal their product; which sometimes means traveling across the world to try to, at least, slow down the criminal activity...and just because there are laws, that doesn’t mean that anyone but “they” are about to enforce them...and enforcement is very expensive and the laws are very frustrating!

And YES!! I go out and fly my kites (single-dual-quad) and I have a “BLAST”...Kiting is my “LIFE”...and yet I usually never "actually" give the manufacturers a thought. And there is “No Way” that they could have ever gotten into manufacturing kites solely for the money! heehee! One can make more, and easier, money as an automobile repairman! They had to love "kiting" first!

I’d put this national “Kite Manufacturer’s Day” (priority-wise) right alongside “Memorial Day & Veteran’s Day” in my life, because, even as a disabled vet., I often take my freedom for granted...but yet, when I’m reminded...I truly am grateful for my freedom and also for those, and even myself, that were willing to make it possible for others...and...when reminded...I’m also truly grateful to the "Kite Manufacturers" for giving me something "Really Great" to do with my freedom!!

Thank You "Kite Manufactures"!!

Keep It Up!

Duane