KiteLife Forum

Wings for land Boarding or Blading

Exile

Ok.. So I happened upon this thing called the "Skate Wing" "Click Here" (this site look old, so I haven't tried to contact them yet) But have yet to be able to find it anywhere else. I'm curious about this, because I think it's something I would enjoy.

I have been able to something similar however, called the Kite Wing. The kite wing doesn't use the same physics at the Skate Wing does, and is far more expensive. I was hoping that there is someone out there that might be able to give me some insight into doing the land thing, and these sails.

Thank you!

The Skate wing and Kite Wing are nearly the same thing. We have a guy here that used the Kite Wing on a board called a Dirt Surfer and it worked exceptionally well. Most of us just use a normal four line power kite and either a mountain board or a buggy.

Here's some pictures of NABX. The one shown is Joe with his kite wing and dirt surfer on the ground getting ready to do some land sailing.

https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/NABX2011March30#5590162849663745762

tons of pictures are available off of that link.

I'd much rather that the wing/sail I think. Especially on blades, or a mountain board. And I liked the way that the physics of the Kite wing work. Just don't have any insight on either to them, nor do I know if the Kite Wing is even still available.

There was a video or something about the Kite Wing, posted not too long back!!! Not sure if it was over here or the Rev forum!! Type it into the search box and see what you get!!kid_devlish.gif Sorry, I'm not into power kites at all, a side effect of my stroke!! kid_brooding.gif

JB - Do you know where to go?? I typed the wing in and got no posts mentioning it!! Don't recall if it was over here or the Rev forum that there was something about it not that long ago!! confused_1.gif