KiteLife Forum

Hot as H _ _ L, and headed to OBX

Reef Runner

Ok, it's been over a 100F all day. It's now 9:20 PM, and it has dropped to 96F. I just finished packing the truck (partially), and took a shower. I'll try to finish packing in the morning, around 6 - 7 AM. This is going to be one heck of a week at the coast. Should be well over 90F, all week, and very little wind off of the ocean.....YUK !

Will report later.............I never thought I would be looking forward to winter, well, maybe fall !:kid_content:

and I've got two "unflown" Revs to try........:blue_wink:

I was wrong, it's HOTTER !! It's unbearable !! :kid_content:

You need to stand in the water up to your waist & fly...

It's killer hot up here in NY, too. Too hot to fly kites yesterday, too hot to be outside !

Keep cool & enjoy your time at the beach !

~Rob.

I was wrong, it's HOTTER !! It's unbearable !! :kid_content:

You need to stand in the water up to your waist & fly...

It's killer hot up here in NY, too. Too hot to fly kites yesterday, too hot to be outside !

Keep cool & enjoy your time at the beach !

~Rob.

Thanks Rob,

Unfortunately, the beach is somewhat narrow, plenty room to fly, but the wind needs to be off the ocean, or out of some direction, with an E (east) in it. As you might guess, it's coming straight off of the land (SSW to SW to W), so the air is quite disturbed, coming over the dune line, and the rows of cottages. You actually need to be out in the ocean a couple of hundred yards, for the winds to smooth out. We are really hoping for a switch in the winds, sometime this week. As for now, nothing else to do, but clime up on top of the big dune (Jockey's Ridge). The air is clean up there, not matter what direction it's blowing, only problem right now, it's so hot, and you just can't stand it, but for a short while..................Hey, but somebody's got to do it.........:blue_wink:

Well, at least I got to fly the new B2 (maiden voyage), up on Jockey's Ridge, early this morning. The only way, was to go up around 7 AM. By 9 AM, I had to abandon the hill. Just so unbelievably HOT !!

Otherwise, the flight went well. Had winds in the 15 mph+ range, so the B2 was really zipping around..........:blue_wink:

But it's still just so HOT :blue_wink: , and not much relief in sight ! :kid_content:

Hey I got to try out a new "B-2" at the clinic Sunday, now I know why I wanted to win the vented so bad!!!! kid_brooding.gif FAST!!!! Holy Moley!!! w00t.gif Doesn't even come close to a description!!!! More input than my brain can handle at any one time!!!!! I definitely would like to fly some sort of vented model to see how that works for me!!!! smile.gif

Hey I got to try out a new "B-2" at the clinic Sunday, now I know why I wanted to win the vented so bad!!!! kid_brooding.gif FAST!!!! Holy Moley!!! w00t.gif

FAST, FAST, FAST is right..............I could have used a vented model yesterday, but the full sail (black race rods) did just great. It never felt like it was under any great strain, but it was FAST !! Still, I think when you get up to 15 - 20 mph, vented would make it much more controllable :blue_wink:

Still hot as Heck, here...........sweltering, and today.................suppose to be 10 to 20 mph SSW, but in reality, it's 0 - 1/2, out of ?

Basically, NOT TO GOOD :kid_content: