KiteLife Forum

B-Series STD Package (9/27/11)

John Barresi

Careful now, 2 might qualify you as a bonafide Revhead, and cost you some respect on the dualie end of things!!! :lol: Maybe you better just back off and let those of us that have already fallen, have this one!!! :ani_giveup: Just a suggestion!!!! :group:

OK, if I win you can have it... I all ready won a Kitelife kite. Same color, as the case may be, too. 'Sides, I might only have one Rev, but I have a few other 4 line kites...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful now, 2 might qualify you as a bonafide Revhead, and cost you some respect on the dualie end of things!!! :lol: Maybe you better just back off and let those of us that have already fallen, have this one!!! :ani_giveup: Just a suggestion!!!! :lol:

OK, if I win you can have it... I all ready won a Kitelife kite. Same color, as the case may be, too. 'Sides, I might only have one Rev, but I have a few other 4 line kites...

I'd like to win this for my son actually!! He only has a vented 1.5 and an old Rev 2, neither are good lower wind choices for him or work in team situations when others are using full sails!!! This would give him some options other than his dualies when we get together with other Revheads!!! I've let myself go completely to the "Darkside", I'm up to 6 of them, including an Indoor model!! SHHH!!! I even flew a dualie this weekend!! Remembered what got me into this in the first place!! :group:

OK. This is my first post to the forum. I have been lurking for a few months after stumbling into the whole kite flying thing on vacation in Seaside OR. Since then my view of the world has literally expanded, as an Engineering Geologist I spend most of my time looking at and thinking about the ground and groundwater. The wind in my mind was primarily an instrument for geological weathering, not a 3 dimensional playground for me to use for fun. But, this is way off topic.

Anyway, I not exactly sure how these drawings work. Can someone tell me how to figure out what my subscriber # is, and is it too late for me to get a chance to be in this drawing?

Having asked about your subscriber number, I expect John Barresi (editor of Kitelife.com and keeper of the LIST) will mention it soon. You were entered for the drawings the moment you subscribed - it's automatic.

Welcome to Kitelife as a poster instead of a lurker. (You were actually welcome as a lurker, but no one knew to welcome you.)

I object to your contention that I was lying. I was brought up to not lie. I may worm my way around the truth but I do not lie. :lol:

BTW, you need to settle down a little bit. It's a long time until 9/27 and you may burn yourself out with that high-powered heckling. Calm! Calm!! It will be alright. :)

kjm

Hey Photomom,

Just to show you, that I haven't been pulling your chain, you can have my number [ 590 ], for this next drawing.

JB, if #590 wins >>>> Send it to "Photomom"....................with pleasure!

I want her to have a Rev !!! :kid_cheerful:

Got it Nick, cool. :)

Sorry I haven't been bantering lately. We've been out of town more than we've been in town. And we are leaving town this weekend for a football game. Football is my undying passion and now that it is football season, I spend more time on the football news sites than anywhere else. So if there is a long absence from the forum, blame it on football. It only lasts until the first of February. Not like some sports seasons that last almost all year.

However, a new kite could be the temptation that would get me outside at halftime. LOL.

Remember my number RNG. And thank you "Nick" for your offer of your number. And I must add

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kjm

I like sports where only the very best compete. Others are relegated to the "minor leagues". If there are more than about 20 people who are considered able to compete, I find that the talent is just too diluted.

This means I tend to like sports like F1 racing and sumo wrestling. Very few contenders in sports like that, because the rest of the world just isn't good enough.

How many players are there in the entire major baseball leagues? How many in football? There just aren't that many best-in-the-world ball players. They can't even fill two all-star rosters with really top-notch players. I'd rather watch the really best dozen or so playing some kind of rotation game against each other.

Meanwhile: #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833 #833

Good call Pete. Never quite thought of it like that. I do watch football because even though there are many players, if you look at the plethora of college football teams, and players, compared to the ones who actually "make it" it is still very fine company. I am a competitor by nature and like to feel absolutely confident in what I do. I enjoy golfing, and obviously flying, and love the chance to hone my skills; however, I also play soccer on a very competitive US Amateur league and get the sme satisfaction from winning, or playing well, in a team event. I don't think that just because there are more people involved that it decreases the skill level.

I wasn't meaning to diminish extreme sports in anyway! Just wondering what will happen when a sport, say half pipe snowboarding, gets to the physical limits of what can be done! Will it continue on or die out cause there's no new tricks to conquer! Same with moto jumping, we've seen backflips, frontflips, combos of all kinds, where does it go when the limits are finally hit? Can it maintain watcher interest when it's all technique and has to be judged on that, rather than on the thrill factor it has now?