KiteLife Forum

Snap stall woes

oculus

I've been having some trouble snap stalling my E2.

I am able to do stalls on the edge of the window and when the wind is right I can stall in the middle of the window. I have been able to do side-slides as well but whenever I try to do a snap stall the kite ends up in a backflip. Am I giving to much line at the end of the maneuver? I am flying in a horizontal pass to set it up.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I think the backflip might be caused by 2 problems. First, I think you might be popping the lines a bit too hard, especially the pop with the second hand.

And second, I think you are correct that you are giving a bit too much slack after the kite is stopped.

Practice. :)

There are probably others with an E2 that may have some specifics for that kite - hopefully they'll post more information.

One thing that has helped me to get this trick down is the description from skyburner.com. The thing that really hit me was looking at the discription of the tip stab and using it with the snap stall. Hope this helps. I am so thankfull for all the resorces we have to go to to learn because we all learn in our own ways which is why I love kitting it is unique to the individuel that is flying.