KiteLife Forum

Making a kite bag

4lnKITE

Alright everyone, you've all been a big help in the past, I don't think this will be any different.

I'm making my own bag for my revs, the decision was made by revolution being sold out of their bags, and I just kinda like to be different. :) I've got the design done and have begun sewing but I'm looking for some patches for the outside, and maybe inside of the bag. Can anyone help with somewhere to get Revolution, Revguild, Laser pro, polokites, Los Hermanos or KITELIFE (ah-hem, JB) patches. :) anything will help. Wish me luck as I've never sewn before and I'm learning as I go.

I'd start with the companies first. A phone call to Lolly or Ben might be the first place to start. You left out Shani ... the owner usually answers the phone. Or, e-mail in the case of polo!

As a side note ... it's hard to make a kite bag as good as the Rev bag for less money.

Good luck,

Tom

Thanks Tom. I already recieved an email back from Polo, he's gonna throw a patch or two in with the new kite when it ships. I looked at the websites but an old-fashioned phone call may be the way to go. ;) if anyone has seen any out there let me know though. Just checked cafe press, they have EVERYTHING else, no patches though.

Thanks guys, I did call Revolution, they scrounged up a couple 20th anniversary patches, into the wind is also checking on if they have any laying around, thanks John, I'll check with monkey. I know Tom had said its hard to make a bag cheaper, I've spent $100 on the materials, and being as I enjoy it I won't charge myself for the labor. :)

Thanks Tomcat, luckily the ladies at the fabric store gave me that advise as well. It's coming along. If I can figure out how to post a picture on here I'll put some pics up. If not I'll post them on Facebook and you all can check them out there.

Alright guys, and gals ;), I finished the bag last night. Can't seem to upload photos here with a mobile device. I'll try from my home computer tonight, but the iPad and phone aren't working. Feel free to check a couple of picks out on Facebook. The name is Justin Abel. I'll double check to make sure the pics are on public but if not send a friend request; more kite friends are always good!!!

Will do, John. The design was from a picture of a buddies rev bag. It has six kite pockets the one on the right is a little larger to accomodate the incoming shockwave. ;) each sleeve will hold at least 2 1.5's in their sleeve. The pockets, by chance each ended up as two pockets; just by design and sewing. Works out well though for handles in the back and line sets in the front. I'll see you in April John an you can check it out. Not perfect by any means but a good first try. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks RR, it's serving it's purpose. I keep this up though and it won't be big enough to hold all the revs. :). Still waiting on some patches from Los Hermanos And Polo with the arrival of the Polo mid-vent.

Thanks RR, it's serving it's purpose. I keep this up though and it won't be big enough to hold all the revs. :). Still waiting on some patches from Los Hermanos And Polo with the arrival of the Polo mid-vent.

Well, that's a good reason to make another bag (bigger). It usually take two or three attempts, before you get it big enough........... You've got two choices, sell some kites, or make a bigger bag - or both ! :ani_whistling:

• 2 months later...

Reef Runner, let's just see how these drawings go this month. ;) then we'll see what happens. Just got a custom indoor last week and the Polo mid came in 3 or 4 weeks ago. Have my eye on a Zen but waiting for the drawings before jumping in with both feet. :) worst case I just kick a few of the red-headed step children (single lines) out of the bag; at that point I'm pretty sure I could store 2 of each kind I rev; now that my wife is flying that may become a necessity. We'll see how she progresses.

Happy winds!