KiteLife Forum

Northern Nevada

NVWalt

Kent.

Your name sounds familiar to me. I was working in Vegas a few years back and did a lot of buggying with the Buggybastards,Brian and Marty and not to forget Mike,Lack-o-Slack Dooley.

Anyways I did a job in Wendover and was there for a few months and the salt flats are not my idea of great place to buggy. I would rather go to Smith Creek, Black Rock or to a private playa I have access to called appropriately Misfit Flats.

Thanks for the reply as I was wondering if anybody even looked at this board..

..Walt

Walt,

I am sure we met up. Still part of the buggy bastards and we still meet every friday out at the silver bowl. Just got back from an epic session out at Ivanpah this last weekend. Night buggying is a totally awesome thang. Dave, Marty, Brian, Mike, Ian, Ron and a couple new bb's Chuck, John and Ray all came out for some buggy time. Had a feast that woulda made grandma proud with dutch oven strogonoff, pot roast, and berry cobbler for dessert. Temperatures were in the tripple digits all day but got nice and cozy around 70ish at night. You'll definatly have to hook up with us next time you are in Vegas, I am sure everyone will love to see ya again.

There is a great group of people on this board, all very friendly and very knowledgable. Hope to see you sometime soon. If I get up that way I will surely get in touch with you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went out to MisFits Flat on Tuesday as I had to take the day off work and Greg and his family showed up. I was hoping to catch him and with only a few hours to buggy for myself it was a pleasure. I tried to keep pace with Greg but my little 2.7 was no match for his 3 and maybe an extra 50 pounds on my part had a little to do with it. Anyways I hope I can see him or some of his buggy buddies over here again sometime. This is a private playa and closed to motor vehicles so there is just a few square miles of smooth buggying to be had out there. If any of you ever get up to the Reno area get in touch and I will get you out on the playa to play...Walt

Thanks again Walt for sharing the keys to the kingdom. MisFit Flat is a great spot, felt as smooth as the hard pack at the beach. And without all the rotting kelp. And I didn't hear one rock get kicked up the whole day, unlike El Mirs where a front fender is a must.

The kids had a great time too. There wasn't much wind on Thursday until sunset as we were leaving, but we made the best of it with frisbees and bikes. And the kids took turns pushing each other in the buggy.

I need to get a smaller kite, more practice, or (most likely) some combination of both. It was white-knuckle with the 3m² later on Tues. after you left, and I could feel my butt get a bit light in the seat, so it was time to put it away.

Looking forward to my next trip out there. :P