KiteLife Forum

Widow Maker (4/3/12)

John Barresi

Don't know if it was a Widow Maker or if it was Jon's product, but I did watch a dualie being flown on quad lines at Kite Party. It looked interesting, but seemed out of place. Kind of like a Ferrari station wagon ... or a Volt race car. Fun as a novelty, but why mess with a good thing?

I was jealous of the dual line guys ... just a whisper of a wind and they were standing in one place flying across the sky. Wonder if it was the kite or the flyer's skills that made that possible. Hmmm. Guess the RNG will have to pony up my number for the Widow Maker and let me experiment further. After all, I live in the mid-west, the Widow Maker is made here in the mid-west ... it would be better if it stayed in the mid-west.

@Pete ... sorry, but you're too close to the point of manufacture ... it'd almost be incestous. But, I'll gladly let you try it out at Grand Haven!!!

Cheers,

Tom

I was just gonna say...

(I can practically reach out my window and touch Jon's shop.)

Grand Haven - see you there. I just got my room confirmed. (The place I like fills up early. They do write to the previous year's guests to see if they want to renew.)

Jeep - if I win, you can fly it at GH.

#833 forever!

We should all call MacKite and say that if John Barresi and iQuad ain't coming, we ain't coming. (I did. Maybe I lied a little. But I sure hope McKite gets its act in gear and sends out the invites soon.)

Tell you what, I don't REALY want another Dualie, the Sea Devil is WAY too much kite for me allready.

What I propose is, if I win (some chance) we need to find some way of giving you all a chance to get the Widowmaker that will give Kitelife some money.

I am open to suggestions? I know it was difficult when John and Ben did some raffle type things and usd PayPal, however if we can work out some way of doing this then I would be more than happy to donate the Widowmaked back to John.

Maybe we could have a auction?

Presuming that is OK with JB, oh and he would be happy to post to the overall winner rather than me?