KiteLife Forum

SDT 2.8 Power Kite (5/1/12)

John Barresi

We're pleased to yet again announce the next prize being given away to our most appreciated supporters, the Kitelife Subscribers... For roughly 10 cents per day they play a major role in keeping KL growing in every way.

This is a brand new SDT 2.8 power kite from Skydog Kites, roughly a $225 value!

Dimensions: 113.5" x 42"

Materials: Ripstop Nylon Sail

Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced

Wind Range: 6-25mph

Line Set: 475lb & 242lb x 82ft, 220kg & 110kg Dyneema x 20m with quad line handle

Info on the Skydog website - http://www.skydogkit...n/sdt_2.8.shtml

2-8_SDT.png acc_2.8.png

If you haven't done so already, You can sign up here.

Odds of winning for this prize is currently 1/291, and will be drawn on May 1st, 2012!

Our thanks, and the very best to you... Let the drooling begin. ;)

• Like 2

Come on lucky #000! :)

:lol: I just read thru the "is the RNG random?" topic; cheering on your number is hilarious :lol:

Concerning the RNG... I'm a hardcore gambler, I have run-ins with cousins of this RNG many times daily. As long as it (Ni!) is in use, it is a soulless device, just as the numbers it spits out are hollow.

It doesn't eat. It doesn't sleep. It doesn't feel pain. And it doesn't have feelings.

So....

HEY rng!!! (un-capitalized on purpose)

YOUR MOTHER HAD AN 8-BIT DATA PATH!!!

YOUR FATHER WAS AN INPUT/OUTPUT SERIAL BUS!!!

YOU'RE ABOUT TEN "0"s SHORT OF A "1"!!!

YOU WOULDN'T PICK MY NUMBER IF I HAD MY FINGER ON YOUR DELETE BUTTON!!! (I've seen reverse psychology used here!)

PS - Um, I'm sorry RNG :innocent: please please PLEASE pick my number!!!!!!!!! :devil:

• Like 2

I was surprised to see how powerful this small foil is. Dodd recently posted a video from his buggy whizzing along, pulled by this same kite. Looks like a great chance for someone to get into power kiting ! I know the RNG isn't stupid enough to pick my number again, so good luck, all !

:ani_victory:

Not that I need this kite...but, how do I enter the contest? Just subscribed a couple of days ago. Presently, getting used to the site layout and really enjoying the "banter" amongst friends(?). Also, the info that my wife has rec'd from the Rev tutorials is certainly worth the price of admission! So, again, how do I enter these giveaways? C'mon..I need ammo to bash that RNG too....lol. Just teasin', but any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Welcome to the Forum Marty, aint no friends on here, more like family (you can choose your friends, if you join the forum you are pretty much stuck with us)

And John, when I saw your post so close to the drawing I thought it was going to be One of your lame excuses for doing it late, like you are busy or something :ani_sleep::ani_giveup:

Good luck 000, sorry 880, no I mean 960, blast wrong again I mean 833. Oh heck RNG, just draw any number. You know we will all be happy anyway. :gathering:

• Like 2

Hmmm, less than a week away ... must have taken a "Bear" snooze. The kite would be a neat addition to my collection. But, I'm not going to participate in intimidation, begging nor ignoring. Simply going to wish quietly for the RNG to have a less than cold-hearted moment and draw my number.

Cheers,

Tom

First of all, thanks John and Baloo for the kind welcome to Kitelife and the shoutout of my # to the RNG!

Wow, imagine the "chat" when I win this damn kite :akuma: . Oh, relax, I'm not winning anything...but, what if? Conspiracy theory maybe :gathering:

Gotta run...all have a great day (or night). Need to make room for my new kite!!!

• Like 1