KiteLife Forum

Hello Kitelife!

SkyPuppets LimitVoodoo

My name is Dave, I'll be posting here as SkyPuppets LimitVoodoo. Hello!

I'm thoroughly hooked on Revolution kites, and this addiction is starting to effect my regular life - I swear I just bought a t-shirt only because it matches my set of B-Pros. I can't drive around Las Vegas without planning kite missions, or without pointing out to passengers how "that would be a good place to try and fly" (as I gesture to an empty park/parking lot). Now, I'm planning MOST of my travel around kiting..... If I'm leaving Nevada, there better be a place to fly where I'm going! I'm thoroughly hooked.

I'm here to connect with other kite people, as my friends and family don't quite understand my infatuation with kites, and I can't talk to most of them about kites for longer than a minute without seeing eyes roll. From what I've found, in my home-state and online so far, people who enjoy kites like I do make good friends :)

I post at the Revolution forum under the handle SkyPuppet; please look me up there if you like.

Add me as a friend! If you participate heavily in the chat here - if you have are willing to share your opinion, are funny, or just plain courteous and nice, I'll be seeking you out with a friend request.

Good winds for everyone! Got to stop typing now and get my fly on ;)

-Dave (SkyPuppets LimitVoodoo)

:sign_kitelife:

• Like 1

Thanks Wayne! It's good to be here homie. My love for kites is ever-expanding, I decided I should push past the confines of the Rev forum and start checking out the "general" kiting forums.

Another place to "vent" :lol: is that a pun? Was on the vented Rev this morning.

Having flown kites for over 12 years now, and having a kite store - I still get that glassy two headed look from family when someone brings up the kite subject. It amazes me every day how little our society knows about the joys of kite flying. I am saddened at the happiness they are loosing out on.

Kiters of the world unite! (unless the wind is blowing....)

• Like 2

Vegas has a pretty decent sized crew of enthusiasts that meet up and fly all the time. You're lucky enough to have people around who fly. My wife & friends used to fly kites with me, but that was just casual, beer drinking fun at the beach. Once I decided to really try to learn how to fly, I lost everyone else.

You're not alone in scouting every large field as being a 'good spot', and I'll bet that you're a lot more interested now in flags blowing in the breeze. I can't pass one without noting wind direction & speed !

~Rob.

• Like 1

Welcome Dave :)

Those who has never grabbed the lines/handles will never understand you...

You have another family here and even being miles miiiiiiillllllleees away, we are a very closed knit family..

Again Welcome Dave

B

• Like 1

@windofchange - Kent, how are you buddy?? Geez, haven't seen you at the park the last few times I've gone.

@ Must86 - lol exactly! Although I quit paying attention to the flags; I fly Rev kites and I no longer need the wind to fly ;) John Chilese is always giving me a hard time - "Of course you can fly with no wind; you are cheating, your kite has 4 lines."

@ Btreize - :) it's good to be here :) thanks for the warm welcome!

@John Barresi - man, read the "fine print" too late - I must've hit 13 kite people before I read that :doh::lol:

• Like 1