KiteLife Forum

Rev Handles

OkinawaFlyer

Hello everyone,

I need some assistance. In the past I purchased a Rev II from someone and I also received a set of 11" handles with it. I never used them because I already have another set all ready to go. Recently, I took them (handles) out of the bag and put them to use. Initially, they felt different and after looking closely, I noticed that the type of foam cushioning is different. It wasn't the normal firm foam cushioning that I am accustom to. They are very soft and after using them with my shockwave, I could feel the tubes of the handles directly with the palm of my hands through the foam cushioning. Completely different feelings all throughout the flight.

Now, I don't just want to get rid of them. I am looking to see if I could purchase the correct type of foam and replace the ones that are currently on the handles as they truly feel ackward. Any ideas, thoughts, guidance from anyone. By the way, my geographical location is a challenge as I am currently located in Okinawa Japan. Thank you in advance!

There were different materials used for the handles, I remember I had a set with softer foam on them and can easily imagine how a while with a Shockwave would make the handles compress so that the metal would be felt in the hand.

I wonder if you have any shops near you that sell fishing tackle, you can use the foam that is put on for handles. Of course not all tackle shops will sell the componant parts of rods, however that is one way you might find suitable material.

Good luck in your search.