KiteLife Forum

first post and new to sport kites

JustMe

Hi I am new to this form and wanted to say hi. I am new to sport kites to. No kite shops where I live so I sent an email to a rev dealer the recommended a rev b vented. I have watched a couple of videos and tears it.. so I guess my question is where do I start do I just go for it? My personal preference word be to get some hands on. No one here flies I went down to all the kite surfling shops and seen the kite surfing ininstructors and the said they never seen any thing like a rev.

Don't be too worried about crashing. It looks a lot worse than it is. Have fun. Give to the kite if it starts to dive and you can't stop it, lessons the impact. Have fun. Don't get discouraged in light winds if the kite won't fly, that will come with practice.

Oh, and have fun. Kites are for big people too ;-)

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

Yep, Rob has it right, If you ate going to crash - let it!! Learn to move at the kite, your natural instinct is to pull - BAD! It just drives the kite into the ground even harder, risking breakage! Smile and breathe!! Might want to add some longer leaders to those SLE handles, there's a lot of info on the Rev forum about this!! Good luck!!

Get take-offs and landings as smooth and balanced as possible! 5' up, stop, land!! Do it 5 times in a row with the tips coming down together, then go 10' up! Do it again til 5 in a row, then higher still!! Feel the kite, feel the handles in your hands, sense how they work together! Once you've got good control of take-off and landing, go on to turns, spins, and even reverse flight! Sounds a bit boring, but getting the basics down cold will give you a much sounder foundation to build on later!!

PS: Don't forget to breathe and smile!!

• Like 1

Excellent advise Stroke. Wish id read this before my first flight, as my crashes would have been lessened in intensity, but it still showed zero signs of damage, or even signs of impact. Beautiful art in the sky at our command. LOVE it. :)

i have Breathe and Relax tattooed on each wrist. My post-ee notes for when times get tense. :)

• Like 2