KiteLife Forum

Found a Rev Bag (possibly the last?)

Dust

After digging around some of the darker parts of the internet and about a dozen calls all over the USA, i was able to find and purchase a Rev Kit bag from a seemingly lesser known kite shop online. Much to my surprise it came today, and i just want to add to the already glowing reviews of this masterpiece accessory of organization and neatness wrapped in rugged function with a shoulder sling to leave your hand open during transport. Mesh bottoms lets the sand out, and the thick padding keeps the heat out. I dont know when or if theyll ever relaese another batch, but if you can find one, if you look hard enough, you may find one too!

:)

Dust

Try adding another shoulder strap to it and you can carry it like a backpack!! Leaves both hands free to carry things!! The second strap balances the bag out so you don't have to put it over your head and across your back!!

At the very least, I like having an extra belt loop sewn on the top end of the bag. That strap has a tendency to lift off over the top, so a bit of fabric about a foot in or so keeps the strap in place.

• 2 weeks later...

NICE! I bet youll sell it quick now.

There be folks wanting one of these, but like myself thought they were all gone.

Glad to hear there are a few still hanging out looking for homes.

:)

Thats how i found mine. After searching google, i checked every site that claimed to have one, then i called each one. The calls went something like this.

Call 1- "Hi! Do you have the rev kite bag in stock?" No Sir, they've been sold out for months now.

Call 2- "Hello! Do you happen to have the rev kite bag on hand?" Did you call yesterday? No ma'am. Are you sure?! I had this exact same call yesterday, No we dont have them. Sorry.

Call 3 "Howdy! I was looking online and your site said you have a rev kite bag in stock, I was just calling to confirm this." Well we dont have on in stock here, BUT our warehouse might have them, if you want i can give you their number to call. (to which i accepted)

call 4 to warehouse " I was told to contact you reguarding a Rev kite bag that you might have in stock. "We cant find it in our store, it must be lost. Well remove it from our system." Thanks for looking! i said.

Call 5 "It says here you have a rev kite bag in stock, can i get you to confirm that?" Actually we do not. We havent updated our site in a long time..

call 6 "Looking online it says you might have a rev bag in stock. is that accurate? No, you must have waited a coule moneths too long. We sold out almost as fast as we got em. Good luck!

then i got lucky. and on call 7 i got him to put it in his hands. Finally! i found one! asked if they accepted paypal and. . . .they did not!

Nooooo! thats all i got! I finally found one, have the money for it, but cant pay for it. After a half day of brainstorming i was able to figure out how to finagle it to work. I then purchased it for around 130 WITH shipping included.

Score!

I doubt i would have appreciated this bag near as much had i not had such a roller coaster ride to get a confirm that a place had it.

I have to say, you went a lot farther than I would have. My typical routine is to order something online from the first place that lists it, and then go nuts when they finally admit that they don't have it.