KiteLife Forum

Transition period..,

Hi all - just taking a quick break here at WSIKF and wanted to post a request for help.

Frankly, my very likely involvement as the AKA president in 2013 is requiring a significant amount of time and effort (already)... We're a small little business and we're still working on how to balance time and resources between Kitelife and my other responsibilities - but bills still need to be paid our promotion efforts still need to be financed.

** NOTE: This drive has nothing to do with the AKA and frankly, if you're not a member I'd just as soon you sen them $40 for a membership. :)

http://aka.kite.org/join-the-aka

For those who can and wish to donate to Kitelife, we'll be holding a special drawing on September 15th as we meet each of these goals...

Every dollar donated will earn one numbered entry toward one of these great items ($goal >>):

$500 >> One B-Series Zen (already in stock - will post colors soon)

$1000 >> One B2 mid-vent package (already in stock - will post colors soon)

$1500 >> One Kymera dual line kite (already in stock - will post colors soon)

If we exceed these goals, I'll try and come up with another prize or two. ;)

Anyway, I know times are tough for all but if you could use a new kite(s) and are in a position to help, just donate via the link on our forum's home page side bar or send directly by PayPal to info@kitelife.com

We'll be giving entries for donations from now through 9/15, good luck!

• Like 2

Hi john

Great you may be president. But kite life is suffering

I really looked forward to the regular issues. And there was always good reading

Since march when I think the change over was. I regularly log in and barely see a change each time

I am fed up seeing how to use a radio. In team flying. And although I defo will buy will buy Patang. That's the only interesting story for months !

For me the new format doesn't work

Why don't you add 3 or 4 blogs. From different areas. On the front page posting current updates from competitions or festivals. Or current kite intelligence ?

Instead of being a Fresh web zeen. Nimble fighter. Or elegant zero wind glider Honestly I feel kite life became a very sedentary. One liner(and I love one liners. By the way)

Honestly. Although my Japanese

is very bad. And it takes me 20 minutes each day to translate TK'S. Blog. It's more informative !,

You should recruit. Some bloggers around the world to feed in regular. Info streams

Just a suggestion

Sadly. Not feeling I renew the membership next year

Shake it up man

• Like 1

I understand Tony, it's been a trying past two months regardless of the impending presidency... Content has been hard to come by, we've tried recruiting but getting folks to send in content is like pulling teeth - see what % of articles have been written by Spence or myself in the past few months. ;)

It will improve, the new format has been very popular - just need more content, which we're working on... In the meantime, the many other Kitelife activities (promoting and educating about kites) continue full steam.

FYI, we'd LOVE some more contributors - and I encourage you to twist the ear of your favorite minds and authors so they send us some material... We can't be everywhere or write everything ourselves, and we could use some help recruiting too. ;)

==

Nothing else really to say right now, only time will demonstrate any resolution. ;)

No worries on the subscription, that's why the magazine itself is free and we encourage participation even without a membership.

We can always use your support, but only you know what's good for you.

Thanks for your support, in any form - and greater thanks for sharing your sentiments so candidly, wish more people would do the same. :)

• Like 1

FYI we'd LOVE some more contributors - and I encourage you to twist the ear of your favorite minds and authors so they send us some material... We can't be everywhere or write everything ourselves, and we could use some help recruiting too. ;)

What sort of file format is ok? Or just write it in an email? And is there a specific length?

Rob.

Sent via Tapatalk for iPhone.

• Like 1

I was just wishing that I could have a second Zen so that my boy could fly with me on low wind days, and then I found this.

I made my contribution as a show of support for you John, to thank you, and to tangibly show you grateful I am for the video's tutorials on Kitelife. They have helped to really enjoy flying my Revs.

Do you have an update on how contributions are going or a picture of the Zen?

• Like 1

Thank you Martin. :)

I really, deeply enjoy hearing about folks who have benefited from the tutorials... That is my most basic hope in doing them. :)

It's been slow going filming here in Portland between travel, work and weather, but we have 100's more on the to-do list.

==

Donation update... We're up to $260 so far, graciously donated by nine supporters. :)

Regarding a picture of the Zen (good question!), I'll take a photo tomorrow in daylight and post it here.

It's a beauty, never seen these colors before...

Custom colored by myself in white, light grey, dark grey and light blue, complete with silver logo. <grin>