KiteLife Forum

$250 Gift Certificate (12/15/12)

John Barresi

Congrats Jay ...

Yep, the dark side it is. Once you get into Revs, you'll have lots of spare cash from selling those now unused dual line things.

Do call Dave up and talk to him. Dave is a true kite enthusiast and people person, but definitely not a website designer or maintainer. He's got many more kites in inventory or storage than he has on the website. You might find he has an older kite in inventory that will stretch your winnings quite far. If he's recently stumbled upon one about the time you call, he'll make you an offer you simply can't refuse.

Cheers and congrats,

Tom

PS ... you could simply pay off my latest bill ... you could still correctly claim that you paid for a Rev ...

• Like 2

Congratulations!!! Um, simple answer actually. I don't even have to say what brand of kite, I think you already know it's the dark side . . . . Hmm . . . . the only question is colors and venting. Personally, I like standard sail with 3 wrap spars as the first rev (oops, said the name). I'd go ahead and get 120 foot lines to start, because you're going to need them for group flying anyway. Plus the larger wind window will give you more time to react when you are learning.

See you at the next IKE club fly - we'll bring cookies for the dark side initiation!

• Like 1

Do call Dave up and talk to him. Dave is a true kite enthusiast and people person ... he'll make you an offer you simply can't refuse.

I did talk to Dave and you were right, he's a great guy. He called me on his dime and offered excellent advice. The Kite Connection is now one of my favorite kite shops.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Wahoo, awesome - solid flying!! :)

You're too kind. I was pleased to be able to keep the kite in the air and fly back and forth across the wind window ... skills I would not have had if it weren't for the lesson I got from Mike Kory and the practice I got on his kite at the Sep. 2012 Illinois Kite Enthusiasts retreat.

And don't worry about the email stuff ... it's your publication!

• Like 1