KiteLife Forum

Kymera (XMAS - 12/25/12)

John Barresi

You've seen my profile, I just like to fly kites. Single, dual, quad, framed, foil, power, whatever. I'll fly them all. Variety is the spice of life. And ripstop in the air makes Barton very happy.

Sounds like we'd have a good time if we met up on the same flying field, that's exactly my outlook. And ripstop in the air makes (Rob) Barden very happy, too !

• Like 2

I'll let you guys know the next time I head down south. It's such a nightmare just to get off the Island, I haven't made it further south than DC in over a decade...

C'mon up to check out the big Fest in Wildwood on Memorial Day weekend, we just finalized our place to stay... Looking forward to meeting up with some forum folks then.

Call it international gift sharing, I've pulled this one out of the prize box with the idea of giving someone a Christmas present (in spirit - even if you're not an Xmas person)...

This is the exact same kite that Spence Watson and I fly - literally, when we take a new one out of the bag we just add the weights and adjust the bridle to the "nose back" position at the top spreader fittings.

----Nose back is the longer of the 2 knots at the top bridle attachment point?

Yes, exactly.

----Add the weights is undo the tail Velcro, pull off the tail protector metal thingamajig, slip the 2 weights on the spine, put the thingamajig back on, and reattach the Velcro?

Yes, sliding the weights inside the short sleeve... Make sure the velcro is WELL affixed as well. :)

How often do you get to take a new one out of the bag? Just curious so I can continue to live my ideal kiting life vicariously through you.

I'm on my third since the kite was released a year and half ago, so every 6 months so far. lol

(of course - I fly hard and long on my gear - ride it hard and put it away wet)

Def try to meet up with Rob or Reef, they both have a good amount of time on the Kymera and can impart a lot of experience.

Cheers Barton - I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. :)

• Like 1