KiteLife Forum

Kymera (XMAS - 12/25/12)

John Barresi

OK, what's this?? I'm offline for a day and come back to insanity?? :ani_giveup:NICK WON? :ani_wallbash: The sky must be falling or something!!

Hey Wayne, Believe me, I was more surprised than you. I took my "luck-o-meter" in last week, and got it tunned up. Man, it was in bad shape, but I think they got the kinks out. Working pretty good now ! :ani_victory:

Thanks & Merry Christmas !

• Like 1

Sorry, not been on for a while, congrats RR. You will let us know if it comes out of the packet wont you?

Will do Baloo ! Just trying to catch a moment, when it's not so cold, drizzling, or raining, and oh, a bit of breeze would be helpful..... (current winds 0 mph)

You must have been way back in the cave, for the last month or so ?

Addendum: Went to lake, and tried again today. Winds were gusting all the way up to 2 mph ! Finally gave up, ran for cover, and came home.......... :ani_wallbash:

Sorry, I'm just not a "windless" pilot ! :cat_luv:

Baloo is in England, so he's familiar with C* and kph readings!! Sorry not all of us can be from the USA!! :ani_whistling:

That was more for Reef Runner and his new kite.

Hey Rob,

This afternoon, we are once again sitting on "dead" zero, oh, and it's out of the North ? (that must be the last direction it moved from) I also see that we did have a SSE gust of 3mph, sometime during the last 24 hours, and I missed it ! Sheesh !

Maybe I should send this Kymera on down to you, and let you break it in :cat_sick:

Nick - that might equal Steven's trip over to the Rev clinic or WSKIF, last year!! Somewhere he posted his itinerary from South Africa through someplace in Europe and on to Washington state!! If I remember, he said it was 37 hours altogether!! Would that trip to "Down Under" make you our longest traveler ?? :ani_idea:

PS: At least take it out of the box, set it up and take a few pix, until you get some proper winds!!! :ani_whistling:

Oh it's out of the box. It's been put together and ready to go, since I got it. I've even been out to one of my flying spots on the lake, twice, but NO wind. Our gusts have been like 2 mph. I can't even get a reading on my Kestrel, but still, when the water on the lake is like a mirror, forget about it, and no, I'm just not one of those "windless pilots"..............

Worry not, though............it will fly soon ! :ani_wallbash:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Call it international gift sharing, I've pulled this one out of the prize box with the idea of giving someone a Christmas present (in spirit - even if you're not an Xmas person)...

This is the exact same kite that Spence Watson and I fly - literally, when we take a new one out of the bag we just add the weights and adjust the bridle to the "nose back" position at the top spreader fittings.

----Nose back is the longer of the 2 knots at the top bridle attachment point?

----Add the weights is undo the tail Velcro, pull off the tail protector metal thingamajig, slip the 2 weights on the spine, put the thingamajig back on, and reattach the Velcro?

How often do you get to take a new one out of the bag? Just curious so I can continue to live my ideal kiting life vicariously through you.