KiteLife Forum

Where Is Everyone?

photomom

I take some time off to be with my grandson over the holidays and then begin classes for the spring semester (which means adjusting to a whole new daily schedule) and I come back and there is no one here. Did everyone go into hibernation with Baloo? Of course, the way the weather has been lately, that may have been the best thing to do. :blue-sleepy:

Anyway, I'm here waiting for some warmer temps and some wind on the beach so I fly in between classes.

How about everyone else?

Hhmmmmm? :sign_please:

kjm

Well besides concentrating hard on trying to Hibernate, and despite the great distance I think I have managed to get a dose of whatever was wrong with JB a while ago.

Spent almost the whole of last Week in bed, mainly asleep. Temp abouve 40 feeling REALLY rotten. Hardly eating anything and trying to be at least partly civil to the kind friends who had asked how I was.

Fairly happy to be getting back to my more normal grumbly self now. Going to work Tomorrow for the first time since last Monday.

Missed out on most of the Snow, it has all washed away from here now.

• Like 1

Wow. All the gloomy weather.

Almost 80 here with a light inland breeze...working. Welcome to Northeast Florida! Soon to be on the beach , putting my time in :) Blisters on top of both forefingers from flying both days over the weekend and cheating a little too much. :o. Time for some adjustments.

• Like 2

Working, working, working.

I took on a third job last year so I can travel more this year. While I still fly almost every day, its eating up all the rest of my free time lately :(

I'm sooo not complaining about it - I'm lucky to have a job at all - I wish there were more hours in a day though to chat about kites online.

Android OS ~ Tapatalk2

• Like 1

Just watched a video of you indoors... Doesn't look like your doing too bad! :) Looks like fun! Wish I could send some fair weather....the whole world would be sporting flip flops and shorts. :P. One more day of 80s , then that cold front will hit and I will be crying myself...but in insulated overalls and sock hat , still on the beach doing time. :o

Not much going on in the midwest during winter. Got our first blast of real winter last week then turned into freezing rain, and now 60 degrees with nonstop rain. Soon back down to the teens on thurs. Doesn't lend itself to kite friendly winds. Oh yeah, work too.

I've been flying when I can... most of the wind here has been too high to fly dual lines in, so the RevVent has been getting most of the airtime. I've actually flown it so much that I finally broke it. The endcaps have cracked & tape doesn't hold them together too well ! I've learned all the hover positions, and have even been able to paste it to a flagpole a few times. Yes, I'll probably be looking to get a standard 1.5 soon. How much better are the pros ? Would a hack like me notice a difference ?

The last good wind I had was back in December... I took a little video. It might not look it, but the wind was very low.

Michigan checkin in!!!

It has been 6 degrees for about 4 days the last two week. with highs of what i describe as "3x's warmer" around 18 to 21 degrees.

I made it out to fly in 23 degrees and it wasn't to bad... it did start to snow and get dark but it was beautiful!!! My back was covered in wet snow but I enjoyed it.

I have thursday and friday off and hope the lake is frozen to fly on! I will try and get some pics.

jim

Last Friday and Saturday, I got in some outdoor flying!! Temps close to 50* (heat wave) and no rain, nice wind Friday, but really low Saturday!! But it was a nice break from indoors during the winter!! :ani_yahoo:

Going indoors today, gotta practice up for an indoor event in just a few weeks!! :ani_victory:

Loving the year-round flying fun!! :ani_yahoo:

Not been doing a whole lot of flying outside of festivals. I did go to Windless, and a video from there ended up going viral, so that's fun. Over 348,000 views now...

Other then that, got Milton in a couple weeks. Mostly been working and going to school. I'll be graduating in May, so just trying to keep from screwing up at the last minute.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

That's some really nice flying, Spence. Wish I had an indoor venue to try flying like that. When I did have access to a huge indoor space, I had never heard of indoor kite flying, and we used to play indoor frisbee... great fun, but the space we had (large gym at UMASS) you could've used 50' lines. Have you ever flown a larger space like that ? Hey, smooth sailing 'til May, best of everything !

I got out at the beginning of February on a nice, almost zero wind day to get some footage for the upcoming Virtual Freestyle 25 contest with my new 'Snow Devil' kite from Lam. Here's an out take from the day...

• Like 1